Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hook1, Chick, Bass, 9/26 Night TX, Solo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the Chick showed off Saturday night and I did as well. Started off catching a limit of decent keepers and culled one out with a beautiful 6.90. This fish was probably the same girth as it was length wise. A bit after all the rain I got another hard hit and caught a 7.5 and felt real good about it. After a few more small fish I threw my blade across a point with scattered grass and hooked up again. I thought the fish was down in the grass, but started to feel my line cutting through it. The fish never would come up till it got to the boat and it was another around 6! I just sat down in the boat for a few minutes taking it in. I knew I was close to 20 lbs but wasn't quite sure. I ended up the night with 19.61 and a 7.53 big fish. This bag beats my best 3 fish limit by a good bit. My goal was to beat 20 lbs but maybe next week Smile I culled 2 fish between 5 and 5.5 so my best 5 would've gone around 30 lbs so I was real happy. Had cranking battery issues so I had to run the motor for the last hour, and ended up dumping a rod over the side inside HBSP. Tried to drag it up, but I think it sunk into the weeds. If anyone happens to find a St. Croix Rage with a Lew's Tournament MG on it, I would really love to get it back it was a favorite. emoBang Great night overall, just wish we would've had about 20 boats fishing lol. I was more interested in a speedy release so I didn't get a pic of the three big ones and I kind of regret that now but maybe next time.