Fishing Forum

Full Version: basscrazy, Lanier High School Regional Tx, Spots and largemouth, 9/26/15, Tristen Lowe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a little late but I'll share anyway. We got to the lake on Wednesday and pre fished all the way up to the day of the tournament. I spent the first two days down the lake and boy was it tough. Only had 2 keeper fish to show for on the first day, the second was a bit better after focusing on steep banks that had some wood on them. Friday we decided to do what we know and fish skinny water for largemouth, so we ran up just north of lulu bridge and started throwing bladed jigs. Friday was by far the best day of prefishing we had and left us with a little hope. After attending the pre tournament meeting my boat captain and I were going back to the hotel and slid off the wet roads and totaled the boat. After just one phone call the tournament director was able to find us a boat to fish out of, thanks to the guys at south Lanier bassmasters. Tournament morning came and we ran straight up the river where we had caught them the day before. I don't know if it was because the rain the night before but the fish didn't bite nearly as good as they had Friday. We were only able to catch one keeper spot and a nice three pound largemouth both on the chatter. After that we ran all the way down to the lower end of the lake. We caught quite a few shorts and only one squeaker spot on a shakey. From there we started working our way back to the ramp we pulled up to a blow down that had produced a few keepers in practice and caught a two and a half pound spot. Left there and pulled up to a steep point that had also produce a few keepers in practice and caught a solid keeper spot. At that point we had ran out of time. Ended up scratching out a limit and weighing a little over nine and a half pounds good enough for eleventh out of fifty one boats that qualified. Didn't place in the top five to move on to nationals but still a good tournament minus the totaled boat.