Fishing Forum

Full Version: Flaming Gorge Icefishing Report 12-27-15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit the Confluence again yesterday. Ice has grown but the fishing was slower than last weekend.

We actually fished a spot that was open water last weekend, almost straight east of Confluence Point, and it was 4-5 inches thick. There were a few groups fishing downlake from us about a 1/4 mile. I could see the ice edge down near Currant Creek, but we didn't travel down there to check the thickness. With nighttime lows in the neg-teens and daytime highs in the single digits, ice is going to form pretty quick.

We marked quite a few fish in 55-65ft of water, but they weren't nearly as aggressive this trip. Between my son and I we iced 7 lakers and a few bows. We caught them on a variety of tackle and colors including marabou (olive), squid (white), and tube jigs (glow, white), jigging spoons like Buckshots (orange), but all tipped with sucker/chub meat.

The access roads were snowpacked with some drifts, but all passable. Four wheel drive is definitely recommended.

Hope it helps and good luck, Ryno
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like the ice is forming nicely up there.
[signature]
thanks for the report, I want to try and get up there to ice fish it atleast once this year.
[signature]