Fishing Forum

Full Version: Flaming gorge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok....What Im hearing from a few from another site is that there is ice all the way to buckboard. Anyone want to give an ice report?
[signature]
I was at Lost Dog yesterday and from there it looked like the ice extended way south of the confluence. Ice was very thick (8-10") at Lost Dog so I'm thinking it'll be safe down toward Currant Creek and potentially Buckboard, but I don't know for sure. I'm going there tomorrow and will check on the ice below the confluence so I'll give you a report when I get back.
[signature]
Thank you Roynut. I appreciate it...
[signature]
Thanks for the update.
[signature]
There is safe ice well below the confluence. We didn't check it down to Currant Creek, but we could see people fishing down that way so it's safe to assume that the ice was safe down there too. We were about a quarter mile south of the end of NF-11, and the ice was about 4" thick there. We fished in 45' and 75' of water. The fishing was better at 75' near the main channel, but that may not be definitive and could change each day of course. Lots of nice rainbows just under the ice. Macs were at all depths.
[signature]
I've never fished for macs in ice conditions...Is there a strategy difference between going for pups vs big boys?
[signature]
Thank you for the report!
[signature]