Fishing Forum

Full Version: Electric Lake access question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planning a trip to electric lake tomorrow and I will be coming in at the north end parking by the road and snowmobiling down to the lake. Just wondering how the ice is and if it is safe to snowmobile all the way down toward the south end to fish or if I should hug the shoreline? Also any advice on location or depths to fish for ? I will hopefully post tomorrow or the next day on how it was. Any advice or past experience would be nice.
[signature]
PM Sent.
[signature]
Be careful where you park on the north end. There is a snowplow turn-around plowed open and if it's snowing the plows will be using it. It looks like the forecast is not calling for snow tomorrow. Try to leave room for the plows to maneuver if necessary.

Mike
[signature]
Thanks for the advice ! Is there another place to park besides the snow plow turn around ?
[signature]
I haven't been up there lately, so I don't know for sure. There's a good chance there may be others parked at the same place. If the road headed toward the lake is not plowed closed, you may be able to pull a little way down the road and get out of the way. The turn around area is fairly large and there may be enough room to park without obstructing the turn around for the plows.
Maybe someone else who has been up there recently could comment on the parking situation.

Mike
[signature]
well this time of year there is only 3 ways into E-lake.. a very long walk on the north end through very deep snow.. i use a snowmobile to get in that way.. then there is a snowmobile way to get in on the north end about a half mile west of the dam.. then there is the dam there are places to park up there but most are not to close to where you want to start out.. if it's not snowing you can use the poll out spots..

E-lake is a hard lake to get into this time of year.. but can really be worth it too..
[signature]