Fishing Forum

Full Version: Porcupine Reservoir Ice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know if Porcupine is safe? I'm thinking of spending the weekend in Cache Valley. I'll let everyone know how it goes as long as i don't drown.
[signature]
Was up thre on Tues one guy was fishin,don't know the thickness but I'm guessing 3 inches.this warm weather who knows it's only been capped for about 10 days
[signature]
I was fishing it Tuesday .......4-6" of ice that day, soft edges , but I stuck around the dam, never went towards inlet
[signature]
Thanks for the report and update on the ice conditions.
[signature]
Thanks for the update. I really wanted to fish it this week but the weather kept me home. How was the road going up the dam?
[signature]
Road is bad, you'll need 4 wheel drive and an adventurous spirit
[signature]
I'm not sure I would ever try that road in the Winter without 4x4, I also have chains, just in case. I'm guessing there is a least a foot of snow up there and if the edges are soft, it sounds like the water level is rising too. Nice Cutt in your icon pic, is that new?
[signature]
Lots of snow on road, not too much on the ice, koke fishing was hot last weekend , durring the week not so hot.
The cutthroat pic was a while back
[signature]
The old icon picture was to old , so I put a recent one [Wink]
[signature]
How did u do on wed I was in the snow cat to the south of u if that was u when I was thre.
[signature]
Skunked, it was weird that day.... Yea I seen ya up there. Ya hear and see everything when your out there alone. LoL
[signature]