Fishing Forum

Full Version: East Canyon???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know the ice conditions there? I would assume they are fine but want to take the kids up Monday and need at least 4-5 inches to have peace of mind. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Last trip up on New Year's Day, ice was 5" and solid. I'm sure it's grown since then. Temps have stayed cold.

TiteLines
[signature]
I was up there during the tournament and ice was from 4-6" from 10-100+ feet of water. Fishing was extremely slow. Only caught one rainbow in 6 hours of the tournament.
[signature]
We're sitting on the ice right now! Ice is a solid 6" with about 6" of light powder on top. Must have been windy before this storm, there is no slush and the ice is glass under the powder, spikes are probably smart. No fish tonight yet, but the water level is way low and I accidentally set up camp too far from shore. 40-50 FOW here. In the morning I'm going to move shallower and see how it goes.
[signature]
Thanks guys. Hopefully you slay them tomorrow HD. I'll post a report after our trip Monday.
[signature]
[quote HD7000]We're sitting on the ice right now! Ice is a solid 6" with about 6" of light powder on top. Must have been windy before this storm, there is no slush and the ice is glass under the powder, spikes are probably smart. No fish tonight yet, but the water level is way low and I accidentally set up camp too far from shore. 40-50 FOW here. In the morning I'm going to move shallower and see how it goes.[/quote]

Must be slow for you to be on BFT while fishing.[Tongue]
[signature]
Yes it was slow! That comment was also after 8pm so I was getting ready for bed camping on the ice...
Ended up with one nice rainbow this morning, but it took a lot of wondering and hole drilling to find him! Only a handful or real light nibbles, the bow was caught jigging pretty fast/hard. Mush have inadvertently set the hook while jigging! I'm still trying to figure out this whole ice fishing thing, we slay em bout every time on soft water, but this is my first real year trying out the hard deck.
[signature]