Fishing Forum

Full Version: gorge macs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed to the gorge in a couple of weeks. Will be targeting macs. Only mac fishing any of us has done is at Fish Lake.
If possible we could use some ideas as to what to use and where to go.
Have no idea as to what to tip with or what kind of depths ect. that we ought to work.
We do have electronic and even have a hard time fishing without them.
Realize asking a lot here. P.M. me if you don't want it on the open mic. here.
[signature]
Should I make a trip to Scofeild for some cubs?
[signature]
KSL Outdoors did a show about 3 weeks ago on fishing for Macs through the ice up at the gorge. as far as i could tell they were just out from Lucerne and fishing in about 70-80ft. Adam Pretty much gave all the info needed for a good trip up to the Gorge.
[signature]
I looked through the ksl outdoors web site and the only thing I saw was about burbot. Anything else to get me close to the date of the show?
[signature]
HOOKED ON UTAH! Sorry, for some reason I thought it was KSL Outdoors. You can watched the episodes on YouTube, they have a couple of the Flaming Gorge Trips on there. Here is a screen shot of one of the videos.
[signature]
This is a good video as well on YouTube
[signature]
Thanks I'll watch it. Hope It will do us some good.
Just like to get ion a few. Don't have to be the huge ones although lit would be nice to get something that will get the ole ticker excited and put a stretch in the line.
[signature]
I was up there this week and marked very few fish in anvil, tried buckboard the next day and did pretty well most fish were in the 3# range if your using wheelers use caution in the anvil area. Buckboard was solid and 8" of ice.[reply][/reply]
[signature]