Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jonboat_bassin, Guntersville BFL Choo-Choo Division, Bass, 02/13/2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fished my first BFL this weekend as a non-boater in the Choo-Choo division. Here is a recap of my day. <br /><br />-23 degree temperature. Water was 44-47 throughout the day. <br />-3 foot waves at takeoff. 15-20 mph wind. The wind layed down for us eventually. <br />-Fished keitech swimbait, shaky head, jig and the ever popular rattle-trap. <br />-I caught 3 fish all day with one being a slick. I weighed in 5 pounds 14 ounces and took 30th place. (Finished in the money) <br />-Tough, tough day. My boater had a little over 4 pounds on 2 fish. <br />-Everything for both of us came off of rattle-traps in 5 FOW or less. <br /><br />Some guys did get on some pretty solid bags. They were fishing the exact same patterns as us just in different spots on the lake. Big fish went at 11 pounds 3 ounces for the tournament and was an absolute monster. It was the biggest fish I've seen in person and couldn't believe it. <br /><br />In all, I had an awesome day. I learned a lot and had a good time on the water and throughout the entire experience which is what it is all about.<br /><br />Take care guys.