Fishing Forum

Full Version: How's the ice at strawberry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been out on strawberry recently? How,s the ice holding up?
[signature]
I was up there Friday and there was 18" of solid ice. Conditions were great but the fishing was slow.
[signature]
What part of the lake did you fish?
[signature]
I fished Renegade.
[signature]
I fished the ladders on Sunday and the ice was in great shape. 18-20 inches.
[signature]
We fished the Marina yesterday (3/21) directly East of the Lodge. There is a good 20 inches of clear ice with a 4 inch top layer of frozen slush/snow.

In the morning this top layer is frozen solid. Around 3pm there were large "puddles" of water on top of this frozen slush/snow layer that made it look like a rain shower had occurred but the slush/snow layer was still solid.

We had no problems walking back to the Lodge area even at the edges in the afternoon. Keep in mind yesterday was very warm up there. It was the warmest day I have every ice fished Strawberry.
We have fished Renegade several times this winter and done well, except for two weeks ago it was fairly poor fishing. We didn't mark a ton of fish either, they weren't moving around much or moved out of the area.
[signature]
Thanks for the updates guys I'm hoping to make one more trip. I'm having withdrawals from ice fishing. It's been a fun season I hope next year is as good.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]We launched out of the marina yesterday. I drilled in 4 locations and there was at least 18 inches of ice in every location. There is no water anywhere around the edges. The ice should be good for at least 4 more weeks. Same as it was the last 2 years. The air temperature was 22 at 9 AM and 28 at 4 PM. [/#800000][/font]
[signature]
How was the fishing?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Zip, zero, nada! [frown][/#800000][/font]
[signature]