Fishing Forum

Full Version: Honda 10 hp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Honda 10 hp trolling motor that is hard to start, who would you guys recommend that I take it to for some work to be done ?
[signature]
Everywhere is going to be backed up at least a few weeks this time of year... I would run some gumout through the carb and maybe some seafoam in some premium gas. If you are a bit more mechanically incline, it's pretty easy to rebuild carbs/fuel pumps.
[signature]
[quote gonelkin]I have a Honda 10 hp trolling motor that is hard to start, who would you guys recommend that I take it to for some work to be done ?[/quote]

First thing I would do is clean the carb and run ethanol free gas through it, 4 strokes hate to sit dormant with the ethanol crap in the carb. You will find a list of local gas stations who sell ethanol free gas in the Boats and Motors section of the forum.
[signature]
You will find youtube videos that walk you through cleaning the carb with great detail.
[signature]
[quote gonelkin] You will find a list of local gas stations who sell ethanol free gas in the Boats and Motors section of the forum.[/quote]

Most Chevron stations have a separate pump out back that is ethanol free. Costs about a quarter more per gallon, but that's all I run through my boat motors!
[signature]
[quote HD7000][quote gonelkin] You will find a list of local gas stations who sell ethanol free gas in the Boats and Motors section of the forum.[/quote]

Most Chevron stations have a separate pump out back that is ethanol free. Costs about a quarter more per gallon, but that's all I run through my boat motors![/quote]

There are actually very few that have it anymore, list is here [url "http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=UT"]http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=UT[/url]
[signature]
+1 on the ethanol free gas. I have noticed that a lot of the newer Maverik locations are now carrying it (or at least the new one in Logan does)
[quote buckhunterhart]+1 on the ethanol free gas. I have noticed that a lot of the newer Maverik locations are now carrying it (or at least the new one in Logan does)[/quote]

Holy cow, there are 4 locations in Logan that carry it, you are lucky. I don't even winterize our lawnmower or boat fuel since I made the switch about 4 years ago and starts first try every spring.
[signature]
If trying some carb cleaner and running some Seafoam through the motor doesn't help, any local boat repair shop will be able to do a carb rebuild for you.
Call around to see who has the fastest turn around time.

If you want the best, take a trip up to Hyrum and drop the motor off at Lee's Marine.
[signature]
Plus you get more power/ mileage on pure gas.
Pure gas has more btu's per gallon than a gallon of 10% ethanol blend.
Too bad it costs more........
[signature]
there is a very small jet which is inside another jet in the carb that has to be cleaned if you want i could take a look at it next week i'm in south jordan
[signature]