Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pelican Bay Water Level?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning all,
I was wondering if anyone has been over to Pelican Bay as of late? If so how is the water level on the outside of the rock dikes? I would like to see if I can catch a couple kitties after work.
Thanks in advance.
[signature]
4 wks ago, the water in the marina was only 18" deep. In the channel, it was about the same. You had to get outside the harbor and get at least 200 yds out into the lake to get to 2ft. We got grounded on a gravel bar about 1/2 mile north of the harbor, about a 1/4 mile out into the lake, went from 2.5 ft to 6" in a very short time !! I doubt that much has changed in the last few weeks. There are also some big rocks at the end of the ramp that were thrown on the ice. Saratoga Springs needs to remove them as they are a hazard to launching and recovering your rig !! Fishing was terrible also, seems to have picked up since then however !!
Saw a slightly larger than normal size cat taken from the jetty yesterday. Carp were starting to do their thing last weekend, but didn't see anything yesterday. I did get a few WB in the 30 minutes or so I was there.
[signature]