Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lincoln Beach today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished from about 7:00 am till 1:30. Great day for catching. Caught 28 cats. Nothing was greater than 25". All caught in about 5' water on white bass. Females still heavy with eggs.
[signature]
Same thing here. Waved at you as you headed out to your hole. I got two that were close to 27 inches and the 23 -25 inchers were biting all morning. It is just a matter of time until another big one like your 31 1/2 incher shows up. I was on the water at 4:30 and enjoyed the full moon all by myself until a few normal people started showing up about daylight.

I'm just getting ready to leave for my night shift. Will probably anchor up and fish some big baits off the point or maybe head out to the island. Expect to post up a 30 plus incher tomorrow... gotta have a positive attitude.[:/]

BLK
[signature]
You guys are driving me nuts, I can't find one over 24" and you catch them left and right every day down there. I don't know why we are so short of bigger fish lately, but they are hard to find. Maybe I need more of that positive attitude. Good luck tonight and be careful. Later J
[signature]
Thanks for the report! That was me anchored out off the point as you were calling it a day. I had good action but we only fished a short time, until the grandson was "burned out." We got nothing over 24, but they are sure fun!
[signature]
How is the water level out of LB ? I have a 3 day weekend starting Friday and would like to make at least one trip to UL this season before the water gets really low.
[signature]
T-C -- I just got back from a morning session at LB. Water is going down... low spot mid-channel last week was 1.5 or 1.6 and today it was 1.3 or 4. I had no trouble launching but watched one bigger inboard type boat struggle to get out of the channel. There were several boats bigger than my 17 footer that were out and about fishing. The water level will surely continue to drop and launching any kind of motorized boat will be difficult if not impossible before much longer. (ice Sled's puddle jumper excluded)

Fishing was very good. Caught several cats on carp meat and wb but nothing over 25 inches. Calm seas with cloudy skies allowed us to fish until 11:00 without fear of sun stroke.

The tom cats are getting ugly while the ladies remain a purty lime green color. See attached pic.

Several bank tanglers on the rocky points and they were catching a few cats as well.

Fishing is probably best described as good, but going. Sad situation.

Hope you are able to get down this way soon.

BLK
[signature]
BLK, thanks for the reply and info. I might attempt a one day run down to LB on Friday. Can't get the TinCan out of the storage unit till 6 AM, so probably wouldn't get to LB till 8 AM or a bit later. Would like to stay a day or two in AF at a nice Motel 6 I used last year. But have to be back Friday nite for other responsibilities Saturday morning.

Thanks again for the quick response. Those are some good looking kitties.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Lincoln Beach is doable...and good fishing.

[/#0000ff]
[signature]