Fishing Forum

Full Version: Abalone,Oysters and Mussel Recipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread is just for Abalone, Oysters and Mussel recipes. Please feel free to share any that you have.
[signature]
Abalone BBQ. This is probably the easiest recipe known to man and has become favorite way to prepare abalone.

Whole abalone (I use red abalone), trimmed & pounded. Cut a 1 inch checker board pattern across the entire top (side that attaches to the shell). Cuts should go about 3/4 of the way through the meat. BBQ on med/high heat for approx. 7 1/2 minutes per side while basting with garlic butter (please use fresh garlic, it really makes a difference). Be cautious of "flare up" from garlic butter. Move the meat around to avoid flames. Adjust cooking time Abalone smaller than 5 inches in diameter.
[signature]
Alright, TN2!!! I've finally found someone that has more Ab recipes. I have a couple left in my freezer and can't wait to try a few of your recipes. The lemon sauce one sounds to die for.... Thanks again buddy..
[signature]
No problem bud. Just trying to help where I can.[cool]
[signature]