Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard Bay 08/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a surprisingly good day at Willard. Managed to find fish and stay in them for a few hours. Ended up with five or six Walleyes and 8 or 9 wipers. The biggest walleye was 21 inches with three others between 17 and 19 inches along with a couple smaller ones. Wipers ranged up to 20 inches and all have developed shoulders from eating shad. Shucks, the power squad even behaved.

Larry
[signature]
Nice! Are you trolling right off the bottom or just letting the lures naturally go to the depth they are designed to go?
[signature]
Great job, and good pics! Hope to get back out there soon myself...I like your net...I changed over to rubberized net this summer...should have done it a long time ago...Can you say what time the bite stopped? tks and Guluk...
[signature]
Jmorfish, just trolling at 2.5 to 3 MPH. Most fish were caught out towards the west dike with the exception of the biggest walleye. It surprised me 1/4 mile from the south marina inlet. I got out there at 10 AM and left about 4. Bite ran the whole time. I stumbled on about a 3/4 mile stretch with wipers on one end and walleye on the other and just kept working it.

Larry
[signature]
Great day. Didn't happen to troll up a pair of prescription sunglasses out there did ya? Lost mine Sunday morning
[mad]
[signature]
Well, did you do any fishing? Or did ya just throw your glasses in the lake?
[signature]
Yea, I fished. Caught 1 Cat and lots of bugs early Sunday morning before the breeze came up and cleared the bugs out. That's how I lost my glasses, swattin at the bugs. Should have put my head net on, but it was so hot and calm till about 1030, I didn't.

[inline "(0100) 14 August 0802.jpg"]
[signature]
Well, you did better than I did. Man I've lost track of how many sunglasses I've lost to the drink. The bug biomass was extra thick Saturday night. Good luck on your next trip out! I think I'm going to try it again next weekend.
[signature]