Fishing Forum

Full Version: Red then Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The kokes at the Gorge are well on the way to passing on their genes and expiring. The fishing South of Buckboard has been very good the last couple of weeks, kokes are any where from 40 to 75 ft. We had our best luck with pink and orange squids and silver flashers from Kokanee Creek. The majority are making their transformation to spawning, changing colors and the males getting the fierce look. There are still silver fish among them, but you have to wade thru a lot of the reds to find them. Great time to get up there and catch some red salmon and enjoy the cooler weather.
[signature]
Looks like a good time, congrats on the success.
[signature]
You're not changing color are you Gary? Remember, better red than dead. The dead ones don't fight very well. Much like a walleye.

When that Koke bite fades away, get with me and we'll hit Starvy.

Mike
[signature]
Think you got that mixed up Mike...it was....'better dead than Red' as I recall. I have been trying to get to Starvation all summer but something always comes up.
[signature]
Nicely done and shown -- also looking forward to a trip to Starvy again (but on safe ice) later this season, maybe with DuBob and you guys like last year...and Flaming Gorge only 8 more months away! ...Guluk...
[signature]
Nope. If you're a Koke it's "better red than dead". Just ask one next time.

Let's go to Starvy the week of Sept. 5, after labor Day. I'll call you.

Mike
[signature]