Fishing Forum

Full Version: Racefish, Chick, CFF#11, 08/19/16, Go Blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well sorry for the late post but my cpu at home is a dinosaur and just isn't worth fighting so I waited to get to work to post. Nick and I, like most thought that the top water bite was the ticket. We pulled into our 1st spot and one exploded on my frog and I dragged it to the boat and when we pulled it up in the boat is just kept coming. It was about a 3 ft gar. So we fished the frog until it got too dark to see it and as we were getting ready to leave and I made a maintenance cast off the back side of the boat into a channel and caught our first keeper. Next cast about half way back I stopped reeling and looked in the livewell to make sure the first one was ok and had the rod about taken out of my hand. It was 5 or 6 lbs and came off just outside of net reach. Long story not so long, we sat on that spot for 3 hrs and culled about 3 limits. We had the big motor stuck in the mud and made cast into about 15 fow. All of them caught on a Nick Chuba custom spinnerbait. We thought we had a chance to place but when we got back it was a tough nite for everyone else. We were happy to take the win with our limited time to spend on the water chasing kids to the ball field or gym. <br /><br />Thanks to the guys that put this on. Patrick does a great job and the other guys as well, I just don't know there names but they are appreciated just the same.<br />