Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, bass, CFF report, 8/19/16, CCSM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Humbling, humbling and humbling. What can I say? Rain, rising water, weather and water temp I think messed us up. Even now I am not sure what we should have done. emoBang We started on deeper drops looking for the sun set bite that never happened. All these places I have been whacking bass, they were either lock jaw or gone. I never had a bite, not one, on those places. James had two and got one, a 13 incher. Sad We kept switching baits trying to see if we could get any to hit anything. It was terrible. Finally after three hours and nothing to show for it we left the deeper drop bite and moved up shallow. It was about 11:00 p.m. and starting working grass a lot more shallow. Found several willing to play and ended up putting 14 bass in the boat, lost a couple more and missed a couple more. However the 14 we boated did not have a keeper in the bunch. emoAngry If someone had told me we would get skunked last night I would have laughed and asked what they had been smoking. emoBigSmile But that was the case. I don't think we even had a keeper hooked up. emoDoh I thought we had a great plan, I really never even entertained the idea of not having a limit, the only thought I had was how big would that limit be. HUMBLING!!!!!<br /><br />Most of the folks did not make us feel all that bad. Half the boats left. I am not certain of the weights but the winners had 11 and some change. They were the exception. Second was Earl and Dink with 7 something and only two keepers. One was bait disguised as a bass and the other was a very nice 6 pounder that won big bass of the tournament as well. Third was 6.60 with a decent largemouth and two spots. It was a tough night.<br /><br />I will want to forget this one. emoCrazy But you have to take the good with the bad. James and I still had a enjoyable night, everything worked well and the rain was not too bad. On to the next one. emoGoofy Jmax