Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Bass and Crappie, 1/5/17, alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a little work to do this morning. Then called the office, nothing going on and Don the owner told me to go fishing. He's the boss, so I did. emoBigSmile Got there at 11:30. Started off bass fishing. It was fairly slow but I managed a couple to stretch my line. Two on cranks and two on a jig. Best one was only 2 and a half pounds so nothing pic worthy. All four came from water over 10 foot deep. Never went shallow, maybe I should have. emoScratch Fished for bass only the first hour.<br /><br />I thought I could do a lot better crappie fishing. I was wrong. Over the next three hours I managed a dozen crappie in the boat with at least another 6 that came off coming to the boat. emoRolleyes They were really hitting light. I missed as many as I caught. The only thing good about it was all the crappie were over 11 inches. emoThumbsup It seemed as if you got a bite it was a nice one. Best ones were 13 and a half inches. No Tarps. I did not feel like cleaning fish so all were released to swim another day. I caught all my crappie on a BG Crappie assassin, 4 lb high viz line, a 1/32 head on my little ultra light rod and reel. Depths were all over, 10 to 25 feet.<br /><br />It was not a great day but not a bust either. Sure beat sitting at the house waiting for the snow. emoTongue Jmax