Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jmax, Chick, Crappie, 12/30/16, alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Worked some yesterday morning but it was slow on work. Decided to get out for a couple hours to see if the crappie might want to play. It was slow too. emoRolleyes Got there about noon and fished until 3:30. Just a quick trip. Very little current, almost none. Then the wind was blowing like crazy. emoCrazy Kept asking myself what I was thinking.<br /><br />Moved around to several of my winter crappie holes but none seemed to have many willing to bite. Managed six crappie with five nice keepers. Also caught one bass and two bream. Had two others on that came off. One seemed to be a big fish, maybe another bass or drum. If not is was a really good crappie. emoBigSmile All bites came just off the bottom. Water temps were mostly in the 50s where I went. Best couple crappie were in the 13 inch range. Was not keeping them so all got to swim again.<br /><br />I was using my little ultra light rod and reel, loaded with 4 lb high viz and a 1/16th head with a crappie assassin on it. Crappie fishing will only be getting better as we near the crappie spawn. emoThumbsup <br /><br />Wishing everyone a Happy New Year, may all your bites be keepers. emoDance Jmax<br /><br />Crappie dinner was the best pic I could come up with. Wink Northern beans, filleted crappie, slaw and cantaloupe, that was my dinner last night. (It ain't a good story without a picture.) emoHungry