Fishing Forum

Full Version: Cat Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I’m finding the skeeter problem on Cutler also that time of day, but I did finally catch another channel even if it was only 22.5”. Felt good to get a cat again. Just too wimpy to stay long after the skeeters start biting my hands and neck. Got to toughen up. Later Jeff
(07-29-2020, 04:58 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m finding the skeeter problem on Cutler also that time of day, but I did finally catch another channel even if it was only 22.5”. Felt good to get a cat again. Just too wimpy to stay long after the skeeters start biting my hands and neck. Got to toughen up. Later Jeff

One tactic I have been using, several places along the BR, I can park my truck close to the spot  I have my poles in their holders, and sit in my truck away from all  the skeeters, flies, wasps. I have small mesh Skeeter Beaters that magnet to outside of truck windows, so I can keep windows down for the breeze, but keep all the bugs out.  Big Grin
Sound.s like a good idea. Did a night trip last night in the boat and the knats were terrible. Pretty moon though. J
So where’s all the channels this time of year? We nailed a ton of bullheads this morning and my nephew was the only one to hook a little channel. We tried several of my go to holes that were deep for Cutler around 12 to 16’ but only found yellow bellies. Tried the 4’ depths last trip and same story. Going for a night run again tonight and hoping to at least find some cookie cutters. Man it’s hard to believe how much they seem to disappear. Later J
Here's a picture of today's cat.  [Image: 20200805-200035.jpg]
(08-06-2020, 03:31 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a picture of today's cat.  [Image: 20200805-200035.jpg]
Great fish Paul, man I can’t even find a cookie cutter lately. Congrats Jeff
Another one today.  30.5.  Just couldn't stretch it out any further.

[Image: 20200806-154455-1.jpg][Image: 20200806-154015-Burst01.jpg]
I started a thread over on the General board about a 30" club. Please check it out and respond if you have anything to add. Fish on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8