Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,441
» Latest member: saifuroptimizer
» Forum threads: 231,723
» Forum posts: 342,942

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 372 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 368 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, NavyFisher

Latest Threads
Gone but not forgotten
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: lavaman
28 minutes ago
» Replies: 44
» Views: 2,710
Any word on the ice condi...
Last Post: Cowboypirate
Yesterday, 10:49 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 118
The report we have never ...
Last Post: MrShane
Yesterday, 07:37 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 327
FG
Last Post: BYUHunter
Yesterday, 04:42 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 638
Nice Day
Last Post: dubob
Yesterday, 01:05 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 310
2024 Catfish Contest Ahi1...
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: Ahi1953
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 244
Carp at Utah Lake
Last Post: chubby chaser
04-18-2024, 07:35 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 281
2024 Cat Chat
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
04-18-2024, 05:45 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 381
Standings 2024 Cat Contes...
Last Post: Piscophilic
04-18-2024, 02:44 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 108
Lost Creek part 2
Last Post: Cowboypirate
04-17-2024, 09:37 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 380

Willard Water Temps?
Posted by: neveronsunday - 01-28-2003, 12:24 AM - Forum: Utah Fishing General - No Replies

[size 3]I have been feasting on the Willard posts and have another question. I have heard some mention the importance of water temps there. What are the magic numbers and what do I look for? [/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3] [/size]
[signature]

Print this item

Give Thanks to our Military!
Posted by: davetclown - 01-27-2003, 11:29 PM - Forum: Not Necessarily Fishing - No Replies

Thanks to our Military!

If you are so inclined, visit the Department of Defense web page below and
sign a brief message thanking the men and women of the U.S. military
services for defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent
out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only about
2,722,038 names. What a shame. There should be hundreds of millions of
thank yous. Pass the word that we can honor and support the defenders of
freedom.

National Military Appreciation Month
[url "http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html"][#0000ff]http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html[/#0000ff][/url]

takes 10 seconds...literally
(please pass it on to your email friends)
[signature]

Print this item

river fishing and catfish handeling
Posted by: crappiemaster - 01-27-2003, 11:10 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

hi,
I live by this river by my house and i have gone fishing there 7 times and didnt get a bite there is bass ,panfish, and catfish in it. do any of you know what i can use to get a bite and catch some thing. How do you handle cat fish so you dont get stug. thanks crappiemaster
[signature]

Print this item

What's Your Favorite Fishing Website?
Posted by: CGJoe - 01-27-2003, 10:48 PM - Forum: Fishing Polls & Surveys - No Replies

What is your favorite fishing related website?

Have you been to my Canadian fishing website? ( [url "http://www.canadagoes.com"]http://www.canadagoes.com[/url] )

What feature do you like best, what do you look for, on fishing websites? Stories, sales, reports, travel info, a place to tell your own fish tales, etc.
[signature]

Print this item

Lafitte,Louisiana Report
Posted by: redfishdude - 01-27-2003, 09:25 PM - Forum: Louisiana Fishing General - No Replies

The redfish bite has been slow and steady for us down in Lafitte.These constant fronts has given us the lowest water levels we have ever seen in Lafitte.Right now the water is around 3ft. below normal.In between the fronts the reds have been stacked up in the dead end canals on the south side of Little Lake with fresh market shrimp being the bait of choice.With the water temps. hanging around 46-48 degrees the speckled trout bite has been non-existent.Look for this to change in the next 6 weeks when the fronts slow down a bit and the water levels and temps. both rise.

We are now booking for spring and summer trips.If you book before May 1st. you can get in on our winter rates.They are $250 for 2 people,$300 for 3 people and $350 for 4 people.These rates include everything but your fishing license and lunch and drinks.Lodging is available at the marina.To get in on our special rates just e-mail us for available dates at luv2fsh@bellsouth.net or check us out on the web at www.wwcharters.com
[signature]

Print this item

Great Weekend
Posted by: crestliner - 01-27-2003, 03:26 PM - Forum: Bear Lake, Porcupine, Hyrum, Cutler, Mantua Fish Report Archive - No Replies

[Smile][Smile][Smile]What more could a guy ask for. Plenty of cisco, great company, great weather and the Raiders forgetting to show up for the game. Pretty quiet on the Raider nation homefront this morning. Never did catch anything worth bragging about after I talked to BLM on Saturday. I should have taken a picture of the boat he was on. I've never seen the back of a boat sit that low in the water. We broke out the binoculars and watched them make their way over to the marina just in case we had to make a rescue. It looked like it was pretty slow going and a little on the scary side. Glad you made it back OK.
[signature]

Print this item

IT'S ABOUT TIME
Posted by: TubeDude - 01-27-2003, 01:50 PM - Forum: Arizona Fishing General - No Replies

[cool][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] Well, February is nigh upon us. That means the largemouth will be getting into prespawn mode in many of our favorite bass ponds. It also means that crappies will be moving shallow and finding structure for their annual "spring fling". There should also be an upswing in activity amongst the white bass, yellow bass and stripers...all of which spawn in the spring. For the next couple of months, it is going to be tough to decide where to go, whenever you carve out some time to hit the water.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I didn't have a real good February last year. I got a late start in the month and still hadn't worked out the best patterns by the time a buddy came down from Utah for a couple of days of tubing. We hit the Agua Fria arm of Lake Pleasant one day...for a solitary 18" largemouth and a couple of white bass. The next day we hit Butcher Jones, at Saguaro, and I let him try out my tricked out Kennebec. Fish were snobbish that morning and we zipped. [/size][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The first week of March, however, someone rang the dinner bell and I had great action wherever I floated my craft for most of the rest of the year.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For those with boats, who know how to find the warm pockets on the south facing banks...on the north sides of the lakes...this is the time of year to hunt up some big old mamas full of roe. If you want a shot at a state record, February is the month to get it done.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Traditionally, big bass in February have been taken on big baits...jig and pig, spinner baits, big worms, etc. So rig accordingly. Both Saguaro and Canyon have become favorites of the big bass fans, and produce more than a few ten plus fish each year.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Too early to tell how Roosevelt is going to be...either for bass or crappies. That water level just keeps dropping. The spring structure we fished last year is high and dry. The structure we fished three years ago is a half day's hike from water's edge. Kinda scary. But, if you have good sonar and know anything at all about crappies, you should be able to stretch your string on some good fish. [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]And, it's crazy, but every year there are some huge largemouths taken on tiny crappie jigs fished for bass. The same for flatheads. I once caught a 27 pound flathead, out of my tube, while casting a jig for crappies near shore on 6# line. Got a good long ride out of that one.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Anybody got any ideas on where the early hot spots might be...and a good game plan for lots of action?[/size][/font]
[signature]

Print this item

Tennessee State Fishing Records
Posted by: davetclown - 01-27-2003, 12:55 PM - Forum: Tennessee Fishing General - No Replies

[center][font "Arial Unicode MS"][size 3]Tennessee State Fishing Records[/size][/font][/center]

[font "Arial Unicode MS"][size 3]Species……………Size……..Where……Year[/size][/font]

[size 3]Largemouth Bass - 14.8 - Sugar Creek – 1954[/size]

[size 3]Smallmouth Bass - 11.15 - Dale Hollow Reservoir – 1955[/size]

[size 3]Spotted Bass - 5.8 - Center Hill Lake – 1989[/size]

[size 3]Coosa Bass - 1.14 - Parksville Lake – 1991[/size]

[size 3]Striper (Rockfish) - 63.12 - Bull Run Steam Plant - 1988[/size]

[size 3]White True Bass - 5.2 - Parksville Lake – 1989[/size]

[size 3]Hybrid Striped/White Bass - 23.3 - Percy Priest Tailwaters – 1998[/size]

[size 3]Yellow True Bass - 1.12 - Watts Bar Lake – 1990[/size]

[size 3]Brook Trout - 3.14 - Hiwassee River – 1973[/size]

[size 3]Brown Trout - 28.12 - Clinch River – 1966[/size]

[size 3]Cutthroat Trout - 0.6 - Obey River – 1969[/size]

[size 3]Rainbow Trout - 15.25 - Boone Reservoir – 1994[/size]

[size 3]Ohrid Trout - 14.5 - Watauga Reservoir – 1966[/size]

[size 3]Lake Trout - 20.79 - Watauga Reservoir – 1994[/size]

[size 3]Black Crappie - 4.4 - Brown's Creek Lake – 1985[/size]

[size 3]White Crappie - 5.1 - Garner Brown's Pond – 1968[/size]

[size 3]Yellow Perch - 1.15 - Hiawassee River – 1992[/size]

[size 3]Sauger - 7.6 - Pickwick Tailwaters – 1973[/size]

[size 3]Saugeye - 10.04 - Melton Hill – 1994[/size]

[size 3]Walleye – 25 - Old Hickory Reservoir – 1980[/size]

[size 3]Northern Pike - 24.7 - South Holston – 1995[/size]

[size 3]Muskellunge - 42.8 - Norris Reservoir – 1983[/size]

[size 3]Chain Pickerel - 7.7 - Kentucky Lake – 1991[/size]

[size 3]Channel Catfish – 41 - Fall Creek Falls Lake – 1982[/size]

[size 3]Flathead Catfish - 85.15 - Hiawassee River – 1993[/size]

[size 3]Blue Catfish – 112 - Cumberland River – 1998[/size]

[size 3]Brown Bullhead Catfish - 2.14 - Chickamauga Reservoir – 1980[/size]

[size 3]Black Bullhead Catfish - 3.2 - Laurel Hill Lake – 1981[/size]

[size 3]Yellow Bullhead Catfish - 4.8 - Chickamauga Reservoir – 1979[/size]

[size 3]Bluegill Sunfish – 3 - Bledsoe Co. Farm Pond – 1987[/size]

[size 3]Bluegill Sunfish – 3 - Fall Creek Falls Creek – 1977[/size]

[size 3]Pumpkinseed Sunfish - 0.3 - Private Pond – 1975[/size]

[size 3]Green Sunfish - 1.4 - North Cross Creek – 1991[/size]

[size 3]Longear Sunfish – 1.2 - Pond, Overton Co. – 1985[/size]

[size 3]Redbreast Sunfish - 1.5 - Holston River – 1974[/size]

[size 3]Redear Sunfish - 3.5 - Private Pond – 1979[/size]

[size 3]Rock Base Sunfish - 2.8 - Stones River – 1958[/size]

[size 3]Warmouth Sunfish - 1.12 - Nollichucky River – 1984[/size]

[size 3]Round Flier Sunfish - 5.5 - Blair Lake, Madison Co. – 1987[/size]

[size 3]Orange spotted Sunfish - 5.44 - Nollichucky River – 1962[/size]

[size 3]Bigmouth Buffalo - 46.6 - Watts Bar Reservoir – 1982[/size]

[size 3]Smallmouth Buffalo - 34.4 - Chickamauga Reservoir – 1986[/size]

[size 3]Black Buffalo - 55.8 - Cherokee Reservoir – 1954[/size]

[size 3]Longnose Gar – 23 - Pickwick Tailwaters – 1963[/size]

[size 3]Shortnose Gar - 5.12 - Watts Bar Lake – 1995[/size]

[size 3]Spottted Gar - 4.01 - Little Pigeon River – 1995[/size]

[size 3]Golden Shiner - 0.7 - Land Between the Lakes – 1991[/size]

[size 3]Golden Shiner - 0.7 - Bedford Lake – 1991[/size]

[size 3]River Herring - 3.12 - Watts Bar Reservoir – 1982[/size]

[size 3]Carp - 42.8 - Boone Reservoir – 1956[/size]

[size 3]Drum - 54.8 - Nick-A-Jack Reservoir – 1972[/size]

[size 3]Paddlefish – 75 - Center Hill Reservoir – 1984[/size]

[size 3]Bowfin - 15.7 - Reelfoot Lake – 1983[/size]

[size 3]Redhorse - 11.01 - Duck River – 1993[/size]

[size 3]Golden Redhorse - 1.11 - Watts Bar Reservoir – 1979[/size]

[size 3]Stoneroller - 9.76 - Hiawassee River – 1983[/size]

[size 3]Goldeye - 0.14 - Cumberland River – 1983[/size]

[size 3]Mooneye - 0.14 - Hiawassee River – 1990[/size]

[size 3]Northern Carpsucker - 1.9 - Pickwick Tailwaters – 1980[/size]White Amur - 50.8 - Laurel Hill Lake - 1991
[signature]

Print this item

WHAT'S MY RIDE?
Posted by: TubeDude - 01-27-2003, 11:49 AM - Forum: Float Tubing General - No Replies

[cool] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Hey, fellow float tubers. Here's something to maybe start a little chatter. We have already shared some opinions on favorite craft, but let's get more focused and specific. I'm finalizing some reviews for my upcoming book on tubing, and I have a lot of my own personal opinions (don't we all). I would like to get some input from tubers who have their own ideas based on the type of fishing they do...or would like to do.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here's my three part question: 1. What are you fishing from (mostly) at present? 2. What was the main reason you bought your current craft? 3. If money was not a consideration, what would you rather have, as your next "ride"?[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Me first. I have several different round tubes and "graduated" to a Kennebec (Trout Unlimited) about a year ago. I bought it, rather than an Outcast (my first choice...but pricey), for the perceived advantages of better/higher flotation and elevated seating. After fishing it heavily for the past year, I don't like the stabilizer bar arrangement, the pocket sizes and weak zippers, the flimsy vinyl air bladders and the boston air valves.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My next acquisition will be the Outcast Super Fat Cat, regardless of the price. I have done my "due diligence" and I see this rig as providing the quality, pocket sizes and other features that I will be able to enjoy for a few seasons. It also has plenty of D rings, strategically placed, to allow me to hang all my "goodies" (rod rack, sonar, live basket, etc.) off the craft without having to just lash everything down.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]How about it? Let's hear some other opinions. All are welcome.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Print this item

So. East Ohio has Ice!!!!!
Posted by: ssor - 01-27-2003, 09:50 AM - Forum: Ohio Fishing General - No Replies

Just thinking about that new power auger got me out today.
Went to Lake Rupert in Vinton County around 11:30. Was hoping for the cold temps to give us anglers some safe ice. It has been over 10 years since my last angling on the ice. Beleave me I got prety rusty on my skills too! I took all the proper geer for safty and fishing through the ice. Figured to find about 2-3 inches of ice. Boy was I suprized. When I did a test and found 5+ inches. As the lake is spring fed I only went about 20 to 30 ft before checking again untill I got over to the opening to skeeter holler. A great area for cats during the summer months. Just after I got my little space on the ice all set up it started to snow. Not that dry snow eather it was sticking to everything it hit.As I do not have the fancy sonar gadgets that help locate the fish I just had to pick a spot and set up. As the maximum depth is around 16 ft I setup a float at around 9 ft with a lively crawler on the hook for my bait. whell I am definatly rusty as the fish wher there and kept striping my hook and I never saw that float budge. Well it did bounce once or twice in the four hours I braved the cold and snow. So six crawlers and 4 hours was all I could handle so I packed up and headed back to my truck. On my way back I came across an elderly gentelman that was about 30 yards out from the boat ramp and stoped to see if his luck was any better. Just as I walked up he gave his pole a yank and had a fish on. That pole of his is one that I got to get me one of some day. it was only about 3-3 1/2 ft total length. What I realy liked the most was that rod was so thin and sensative. I told him about our tourny and hopefuly he will enter his catch soon. He had a didgital cam but I loaned him my tape measure and took his pic with his biggest catch of the day.
OK. I gues you want to know what he caught, right? It was a blue gill. Oh now you want to know how long it was to, right? Well it was a monster and measured in at a whapping 4 inches from nose to tail.
OK Jason, if you are reading this and need some help to post that great pic for the contest just send me a private and I will give you a hand. Remember the rules, you need to register first to make it count.
That short drive to the lake took about 15 min. But that trip home was some thing else! It took just under an hour to mak the 7 mile treck back to the house. That sticky snow had the roads in verry bad shape. I made up my mind guys it is up to you guys to post your pic's for the contest as my trip to the ice has now made me go into hybernation untill wormer weather!
Forgot to tell you that me and Jason wher the only ones that braved the weather to exercise our angler freedom on the lake.
[signature]

Print this item