Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,432
» Latest member: Edwardperkins
» Forum threads: 231,661
» Forum posts: 342,452

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 460 online users.
» 5 Member(s) | 453 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Cowboypirate, Salmon_Fly, TT600, tx_transplant

Latest Threads
Wisconsin and Vermont are...
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: Bduck
1 hour ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 373
2024 Summer Challenge.......
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
1 hour ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 97
2024 Cat Contest....Sign ...
Last Post: Piscophilic
5 hours ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 164
Gone but not forgotten
Last Post: catchinon
11 hours ago
» Replies: 41
» Views: 2,039
2024 Catfish Contest catc...
Last Post: catchinon
Today, 02:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Standings 2024 Cat Contes...
Today, 01:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 38
Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 f...
Forum: For Sale In Utah
Yesterday, 03:50 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 107
Spring Fishing Fling...
Yesterday, 03:17 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 547
White Bass
Last Post: Springbuck1
Yesterday, 02:02 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 328
2024 Catfish Contest Ahi1...
Yesterday, 01:23 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 123

BOAT FOR SALE
Posted by: SKEETER - 07-11-2002, 12:00 AM - Forum: Nevada Fishing General - No Replies

1991 SKEETER 200 HP GREAT BOAT. COMES WITH LOWRANCE X55A, X25 FISH FINDERS. 24 VOLT BOW MOUNT ELECTRIC FOOT CONTROL MOTOR. 23 PITCH SS FOUR BLADE AND A 25 PITCH THREE BLADE PROP. GIVE ME A CALL AT 1-801-390-7817 OR SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE. 10,000 OR BEST OFFER.<br><br>

Print this item

Lake Wilson July 10
Posted by: maddjack - 07-10-2002, 10:12 PM - Forum: Kansas Fishing General - No Replies

Striper fishing has been on and off the last week or so but we are still pulling a few nice fish in the deep water in the lucas park area. I saw a 21 pounder weigh in 3 days ago. We have been fishing live shad just above the thermocline in 50 to 70 feet of water. Good Luck<br><br> <br><br><br>

Print this item

ARE YOU GUYS SEEING ANY CONTSTANT BIOLS YET!
Posted by: FISHNFOOL102 - 07-10-2002, 07:17 PM - Forum: Willard & Utah Lake Fish Report Archive - No Replies

WIPERHUNTER OR PREDATOR,You guys still getting into the wipers at night,or during the day,just checking to see if there still bite'n.<br>Later,Tony<br><br>

Print this item

Marlin fishing
Posted by: Marlinman - 07-10-2002, 12:37 AM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

I recently purchased a penn power stick (7") along with a penn 7500ss reel with 20lb line. Is this adequate for Marlin fishing and if so what kinds of hooks,lures, or bait should i use for marlin fishing especially in SC?<br><br>

Print this item

For Raypaw
Posted by: cryinbrian - 07-09-2002, 11:54 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

Hey Grandad! Just kidding, I'm not your grandson, but I am a veteran, and being a much younger veteran I thought you'd like the greeting.<br>Here's my question(s)...you mentioned orange globes for your Coleman lantern. I didn't see them at WalMart, and living in Southern Illinois that's about the only place I can find anything for the lanterns. Do you know where I can get one? <br>2nd - You grew up in Rockford...I grew up in Detroit, well actually everywhere else too(Air Force brat - then I went Regular Army) But my Mom & Dad are from Carrollton, IL and Jerseyville, IL - both about 20 miles apart and small towns. My Dad taught me to fish, and we compete with each other no matter what species we fish for. It's always funny how, when one wins, the other is berated with sneers and jeers...but that's the whole fun of it. That's how we make it fun for ourselves. We've been doing that for years, since I was a small child. Hey! Dad started it!<br>3rd - What's this tip about softener sheets in your shirt pockets for skeeters? Does that really work? I have to tell you, Pop, that mosquitos want my soul, I think. They come after me like stink on poop. They want my butt so bad that I usually end up on the other side of the lake or river I'm fishing because they picked me up to take me to their Queen for "dinner". I've tried everything, and most work, but I don't want to smell like I work at DOW Chemical, you know what I mean? Plus, from experience, I found if you dowse your body with OFF or other deet products and touch the bait the fish won't bite; I don't blame them...when I was a kid and picked my nose I learned a valuable lesson. But softener sheets? What brand, if not any? And what if your clothes were dried using the stuff in the first place? Wouldn't that have an effect? <br>Just a few questions for the wisened ol' Gran'Pa.<br>Thanks for any other advise you give to people, and ignore the ignorant.<br><br><br>&lt;--^----&lt; The big one got away...with my pole, boat, and wife!<br>

Print this item

Bream
Posted by: Raypaw - 07-09-2002, 11:04 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

How many of yall use Bream, or what yall call bluegill to catch catfish? If you do where do you hook it tru the back or between the eyes? great bait Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy

Print this item

tube lures...???
Posted by: cryinbrian - 07-09-2002, 10:37 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

Hey people...<br><br>I have been fishing since I was a brat, which was a looong time ago. The only method of bass fishing I have never used is softbody tube lures. I bought a smallmouth kit from B.A.S.S. shop, but have only a smattering of knowledge how to properly fish them. I did try at a small local lake, I put the weighted jighead in the body and puched the eyelet through the rubber then tied on. I caught a 15", 1.5lb largemouth the first cast! Freaked me out because I didn't expect to catch anything. The rest of the morning was dead. Are there any tips someone experienced with these lures can tell me to increase my success? I sure would appreciate it!<br><br><br>&lt;--^----&lt; The big one got away...with my pole, boat, and wife!<br>

Print this item

July Fishing out of Pirates Cove
Posted by: seaduction - 07-09-2002, 09:25 PM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

Well, the summer is here & hot water everywhere. Spanish mackerel have been hit or miss. The amberjack fishing has been great but there are lot of boats hitting them. At most places there have been some cobia catches on the beach & in 20 - 130 feet of water...the best bet for catching some would be a full-day intermediate trip. There have also been some red drum caught on the wrecks as well as some triggerfish. The deep water fishing has seen sea bass, tilefish, & some dolphin (mahi-mahi) as well. The school striped bass are still a good hit with 30-50 fish each day on a half-day trip. Some king mackerel are now starting to show up.<br><br>Capt. Jay & Crew<br><br><br>

Print this item

Free Stuff if u tell me
Posted by: Meatymonster - 07-09-2002, 07:06 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

Hi my names Joe, if someone will e-mail me the answer to what bait and lures are best for catching pike and roach and perch in UK, i will give you a website were you buy lures and bait for free over the net. send in quick people<br><br>

Print this item

Tourney anglers--Important!
Posted by: Fish_on - 07-09-2002, 06:54 PM - Forum: Fishing Tournaments and Events - No Replies

Anyone with an interest in tournament fishing should take a few minutes to fill out the survey at www.tournamentanglers.com . It will be good for tournament fishing if you do. It only took me about five minutes to do it and it is a great cause. Plus you can win a $100 reel (one given away per month) for filling it out. Please pass this on to other message boards you may know of. Let’s get behind this.<br><br>

Print this item