Fishing Forum
Henry's - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Idaho Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=353)
+--- Forum: Idaho Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Henry's (/showthread.php?tid=1022899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Re: [Delement87] Henry's - curt69 - 11-14-2017

Stay very close to the bank . The guys that are going out are anchoring a rope to the bank and taking it out with them just in case. I have an Artic Armor floating suit , but I still don't want to see if it works .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - MMDon - 11-14-2017

Yeah I've always worn a self inflate PFD and ice hooks around my neck when fishing on early ice. You never really know.
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - curt69 - 11-14-2017

The ice is almost gone and not safe . Drove all the way around the lake today . No safe ice we were going to fish , but the ice is back brown to 1.5 " fifteen ' off the bank .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - maghunter - 11-16-2017

Any news on ice thickness? I was hoping to fish Henrys Friday. I need at least 4" before I wander out.
[signature]

Re: [maghunter] Henry's - curt69 - 11-16-2017

We lost about an inch in the last two days . Back to 1.5 snowing hard now . 3 new inches of snow at my property at 4am .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - curt69 - 11-16-2017

We got about 3 inches of snow last night . It is 36 degrees and raining now .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - SkunkedAgain - 11-16-2017

Curt,
Is that ice report for the main lake? Or the thickest stuff you can find? Thanks J
[signature]

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Henry's - blacktop - 11-16-2017

looking at the forcast for the next 30 days there are too many days where the temperature is above freezing. There is a good chance that there will not be fishable ice till near Christmas if these forcasts hold
[signature]

Re: [blacktop] Henry's - SkunkedAgain - 11-17-2017

Forecasts are subject to change. I expect you'll see ice sooner than then. But who knows. Will be fun when it comes. Later J
[signature]

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Henry's - brookieguy1 - 11-17-2017

Fishable ice by Monday looking at the temps on Accuweather. I hope.
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - curt69 - 11-17-2017

You can't drive into the Outlet. There is a 4 ' drift of snow at the top . So that only leaves State Park . We were there yesterday and it is not safe .Be safe out there . I am going home for thanksgiving Monday won't be back up till next Saturday . I will start post conditions again after that .
[signature]

Re: [brookieguy1] Henry's - SkunkedAgain - 11-17-2017

Sounds good? Even though I'm two weeks out. Later J
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - brookieguy1 - 11-18-2017

Guess we’ll have to walk around into the outlet. Sucks but we’ll do what it takes.
[signature]

Re: [brookieguy1] Henry's - curt69 - 11-18-2017

Today there is 4.5 inches at State Park . It rained for two days and then got cold last night. I don't want too hear any crap about sharing to much information. I have caught enough fish in my life and just want to be helpful ..
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - Irish_Miner - 11-19-2017

You're awesome and very helpful. Thanks for the information!

Happy Thanksgiving and be safe out there.
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - brookieguy1 - 11-19-2017

Curt, you are awesome! Thank you so much for the info and you would be a welcome addition to our group next Friday-Monday if you are up there.
[signature]

Re: [Irish_Miner] Henry's - SkunkedAgain - 11-19-2017

Thanks Curt you're a rock star.... still won't be coming until the first of December, but good to know it should be safe enough by then to bring the sleds... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]

Re: [SkunkedAgain] Henry's - curt69 - 11-19-2017

Thanks , I just try to help people catch fish . Some of the PM's I get are very hurtful. They think they own the lake and want it all to themselves
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - brookieguy1 - 11-19-2017

I understand, Curt. I get the same thing with the Boulder here in Utah. Henry’s Lake is indeed a very special place. A special place that does not get negatively impacted buy a very short ice fishing season. I very much appreciate the wonderful 3 days I go to Henry’s to persue brook trout through the ice. I keep very few fish and respect the resource. I thank you for your honest and transparent report on ice conditions.
[signature]

Re: [brookieguy1] Henry's - curt69 - 11-19-2017

[quote brookieguy1]I understand, Curt. I get the same thing with the Boulder here in Utah. Henry’s Lake is indeed a very special place. A special place that does not get negatively impacted buy a very short ice fishing season. I very much appreciate the wonderful 3 days I go to Henry’s to persue brook trout through the ice. I keep very few fish and respect the resource. I thank you for your honest and transparent report on ice conditions.[/quote] 5 days ago we had 2.5 inches of safe ice . My brother caught 9 fish in one hour . Two 19" Brookies and a 6.5 pound hybrid . The some small ones . I have several friends that live in Utah . I would hate for them to drive this far and not find safe ice .
[signature]