Fishing Forum
Henry's - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Idaho Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=353)
+--- Forum: Idaho Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Henry's (/showthread.php?tid=1022899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Re: [curt69] Henry's - MMDon - 11-19-2017

[quote curt69]Thanks , I just try to help people catch fish . Some of the PM's I get are very hurtful. They think they own the lake and want it all to themselves[/quote]

Haters going to hate but we don't have to change who we are for them! Big respect my friend!
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - SkunkedAgain - 11-19-2017

I'm sorry Curt I know there are some that feel that way about things, they seem to not only ruin it for others, but also for themselves as they are always worried of what others are doing. Thanks for being willing to help, it's much appreciated later Jeff
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - curt69 - 11-20-2017

Nice one caught today .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - brookieguy1 - 11-20-2017

Incredible brook trout! That’s what I’m after. PM sent.
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - maghunter - 11-20-2017

Nice fish, and thank you for the reports. Looks like we're in for a warm spell, hopefully the ice holds until I can get up there.
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - curt69 - 11-23-2017

I just watched a video of 4 " of water on top of the ice on facebook. It is not getting below freezing even at night . Be careful out there .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - Madplumber - 11-23-2017

Thanks for updates Curt just saw picture on my wifes face book of open water on the fish and game page haven't had time to head that way this year yet hope to get there soon
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - windriver - 11-23-2017

Hi guys fished Henry's yesterday and two hours today. The conditions are deteriorating fast. There is an inch of water over most of the lake that is eating ice. I found sagging pockets of three inches of standiing water. The places I fished had between 2-4" of ice but the top layer is punk ice and going fast.

I did not check the South shore or State Park area.

If you do decide to go take all safety precautions including a raft and waders as it is 40 degrees right now as I head home.

Hope for colder weather soon. Not trying to scare people off just concerned things are getting bad fast. Be careful out there The ice is unpredictable right now.

Windriver
[signature]

Re: [windriver] Henry's - BMURR - 11-23-2017

Fished Henry's today. Fishing was spotty but the quality of fish is good. Ice as has been reported is not too good. I never felt unsafe today but I worry some for the next 2 days. I plan on giving it a go but as had been mentioned, take all precautions. It's really wet but with water proof boots or waders it's not a problem.

Something I wish I had all day were some ice cleats. They would have come in really handy.

Had my best luck with minnows but caught them on powerbait and crawlers. Jigging helped a lot today. 1/16 size jig. White or chartreuse.

Good luck!
[signature]

Re: [BMURR] Henry's - brookieguy1 - 11-24-2017

Thanks for the advice. Be up tomorrow hoping for three “safe” days. Too much invested with time off and cabin rental. It’s now or never.
[signature]

Re: [brookieguy1] Henry's - curt69 - 11-24-2017

Bring some long rods. You might be able to fish some open water . Any place there is a creek coming in . Or Staily Springs .
[signature]

Re: [brookieguy1] Henry's - windriver - 11-24-2017

Yesterday we set up in the dark and had a bunch of fish hitting at the crack of dawn. It died completely ay 9:00 until 1:00 then we had steady fishing until 4:00 when it died again.

This morning it was crazy good from crack of dawn until 8:30 when it shut off so we went home for Thanksgiving.

We were using small ice flies tipped with mealworms on jawjackers and jigging rods with paddlebugs. Mealworms worked better than nightcrawlers on the paddlebugs for me.

I might get back on Sat. for a couple hours. Let us know how ice is holding up.
[signature]

Re: [BMURR] Henry's - BMURR - 11-25-2017

Ice is holding up pretty good. There wasn't any standing water on the lake today which made for the slickest conditions I've ever experienced. It added to the fun.

Fishing was slow for me today. I did manage a few brookies which was a pleasant addition. They had wonderful colors. (Sorry for not having pics). Usually the brooks I've caught here in years past were not a bright and colorful.

Jigging is still helping the bite. At times it seems like the only way to get a bite.

I did have a big fish come grab a Swedish pimple today in about 4 feet of water. I watched the whole thing down my hole. I hooked him, he gave a few head shakes and then got off. He knocked my crawler off in the commotion. He then turned right back around and grabbed the free floating crawler and disappeared. It's not often for me to see a previously hooked fish immediately come back for more action. Good memory other than the not catching it part.
[signature]

Re: [BMURR] Henry's - windriver - 11-25-2017

No Brookies for me this morning (Sat.). We had an awesome morning until 8:05 when they turned off. Probably for the best since we had a family event we had to leave for. best we came in before sunrise. The ice was really bad, but at least no water on top because it froze last night.
[signature]

Re: [windriver] Henry's - MMDon - 11-26-2017

Pic 4 shows you guys are on some pretty thin ice! [bobsurprised]
[signature]

Re: [windriver] Henry's - flygoddess - 11-26-2017

Windriver, I always love reading your posts on Henry's. You shoot from the hip and put the time in and it shows. Respect, sir.
Specially love when you guys have Thanksgiving on the lake...that is pretty bad arse.
Henry's can take the ice fishing, it can take the HARVESTING. so just keep on keeping on. That is gonna be my home waters next year.
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - truchas_ole - 11-27-2017

Curt, You are THE MAN. Too many people just care about themselves when it comes to fishing or anything for that matter. Your help is deeply appreciated.
[signature]

Re: [truchas_ole] Henry's - curt69 - 11-28-2017

Thank you . I really like to help children especially with there first fish . I have caught so many fish in my 66 years of life . Anymore I just go to enjoy the outing . If I catch it is just a bonus . Plus I like to eat them . Especially the Brook Trout .
[signature]

Re: [curt69] Henry's - maghunter - 11-30-2017

Does anyone know if you can get to the state ramp?

I'll be up there tomorrow with 2 big blue shelters, if anyone wants to stop by and say hi.
[signature]

Re: [maghunter] Henry's - hooknhunter - 11-30-2017

Mag,

I don't suppose you will be there Friday?
[signature]