Fishing Forum
Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Contests (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME (/showthread.php?tid=1086330)

Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - hookngrinin - 10-30-2019

[font "Calibri Light"]ANNUAL UTAH ICE FISHING CHALLENGE[/font] -
It’s looking like we might get an early ice-season with these cold temperatures. There is a little buzz from members getting excited for our Annual Utah Ice Fishing Challenge. Some of the higher elevation lakes and ponds have ice or are beginning to freeze. So let’s kick it off. This is a fun challenge and good motivator to get out this winter and catch a variety of species and fish different bodies of water in order to build and upgrade your collection. So check out the rules and guidelines below for details and sign up for the challenge. Ron
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
Utah Ice Fishing Challenge Rules - 2019/2020

Welcome to the Utah Ice Fishing Challenge – 2019/2020. This year’s contest will follow the same new format we initiated during the 2016/2017 season. There are 5 fish categories to compete in. There will be winners for each category and also an overall winner. The contestant that posts the most species will also receive an award. See the rules below and especially Rule 4 and Rule 5 for the fish categories and scoring, and let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, corrections etc.

There is no limit to the number of contestants that can enter and there is no fee. The contest starts as soon as there is ice (be safe) and will end March 15, 2020. Winners will be announced by April 1, 2020.

Rules

How to enter – Reply to this post and follow all the rules below.

1. You must be a registered member of BFT to enter. Reply to this post and you will be added to the list of current contestants located at the bottom of this post.

2. All fish entered must be caught through the ice.

3. This is a photo-based online contest. To receive a score and ranking for each fish you enter, you must post a clear photo of your fish next to a ruler, and your banner*. All photos must be taken at the lake and include a clear shot of the fish next to the tape, your banner (the BFT logo with your BFT username and 2019/2020). [font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[ul][li]
Pictures should be taken with ruler laid on the ground under or next to the fish. The end of the tape and the length measurement needs to be visible (see example attached). A clear shot of the ruler with visible numbers is needed for the entry to be counted. Take extra pictures to be sure! Please do not post large pictures inline. If you want to post inline to “tell your story”, downsize, but a large photo attached to the post helps confirm the correct measurement (zoom).
[/li][li]
Please check your pictures of fish at the lake if you can. If it moves and doesn't show the full length of the fish, I'm sorry but I go with what shows up in the picture. Points are based on the photos. [/li][/ul]

*There is a printable banner with the BFT logo at the bottom of this post that you can add your username to. Pictures of fish in the air next to a tape will not count for points.

4. Fish Categories – Each contestant will be given a ranking in each of the five categories (one fish in each category).

Category 1 - Panfish - Black Crappie, Yellow Perch, Bluegill, Green Sunfish, Bullhead Catfish or White Bass.

[ul][li]

Category 2 – Trout – Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Tiger Trout, Splake, Brook Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Golden Trout, Kokanee salmon
[/li][li]

Category 3 Bass – Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Wiper
[/li][li]

Category 4 Predators – Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Tiger Muskie and Walleye
[/li][li]

Category 5 – Others – anything else including Burbot, Carp, Channel Catfish, Whitefish, Grayling etc. [/li][li]
5. The contestant posting the longest fish for the category is ranked number 1 in that category and receives one point. Second ranked = 2 points, third ranked = 3 points etc. The contestant with the lowest score is the overall winner. Fish will be measured and rounded down to the nearest half inch.
If contestant doesn’t post a fish in a category, that contestant receives the last place rank for that category and that score will be included in the composite score. (see example table attached).
In case of a tie for longest fish, the contestant that posted first wins.
Entries can be upgraded
For Example: If you catch a larger panfish but have one posted already, no problem. Post the new panfish and your rank/points may be adjusted. [/li][li]
6. Utah public waters only. Reciprocal lakes count as Utah waters (i.e. Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge).

7. Posting your entries. Post your entries under a single thread on the Utah Contests board. Please format your thread title as “2019/2020 Utah Ice Fishing Challenge – (your BFT Username)”. You must post your own fish for it to get credit. Please post your photos in JPEG format on the Utah Contests forum of BFT and not links to another site. Posts must include species of fish (common name), date caught, name of lake (No Abbreviations), and length of fish.
If you choose to, you may leave the name of one lake out of your posts. All fish from this lake do not need the name of the lake posted. The name of the lake does have to be given to one of the moderators of this board in the form of a PM though.

8. Do not challenge an entry on the open forum. If anyone has reason to contest a photo or entry, please do so via PM to me. If you notice any errors or have questions about my tracking, shoot me a PM.

9. Entries should be posted within two weeks of the catch. Post after March 15, 2020 will not count.

10. Anyone harassing another contestant for posting the name of a lake will be disqualified.

11. Anyone attempting to cheat or found cheating will be disqualified.

12. Be Safe! Have Fun!

Welcome to the Utah Ice Fishing Challenge!
[/li][/ul]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font] Contestants:
[font "Times New Roman"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]SkunkedAgain
[font "Calibri"]Jig-fisher
[font "Calibri"]Justaguywaworm
[font "Calibri"]hookngrinin
[font "Calibri"]ofishal_chris
[font "Calibri"]kentofnsl[/font] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [font "Calibri"]T-Boz
[font "Times New Roman"] [font "Calibri"]2knots
[font "Calibri"]DjHill16[/font]
EyLayo
RavenBlackbird
catchinon
MACMAN
ELOC
Cowboypirate
Cookie
killerhook
TopH2O
catslayer
mooseman75
MrShane [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]UTExplorer[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]wiperslayer1[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]sharksugar101[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]joatmon[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]isda
MTDEW
utfishassassin
ice_sled [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]Mightymose[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]mokej1973[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]bigpapacow [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]TheFishSlayer
Hook_set[/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"][font "Times New Roman"][font "Calibri"]braedenl
bblake98
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - RavenBlackbird - 10-31-2019

I am in!! Excited to participate in the challenge! Thanks for doing this.
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - catchinon - 10-31-2019

Count me in again. And thanks for doing this again Ron.
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - ice_sled - 12-01-2019

Please add me to the ice- fishing contest. Thanks
[signature]

Re: [ice_sled] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - EyLayo - 12-02-2019

I thought I read you unloaded all your ice gear? Glad to hear you're giving it at least 1 more shot.
[signature]

Re: [EyLayo] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - ice_sled - 12-02-2019

Not all of it. Just the big stuff. Murphy sleds, ice tents, and oversized otter sleds. All my rods, reels, lures, and cold weather gear is still in tact.
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - Mightymose - 12-02-2019

I'm in. First time doing this. Tight lines to all good luck
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - mokej1973 - 12-02-2019

I'm in!!! Fish On!!!
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - bigpapacow - 12-02-2019

Count me in!
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - TheFishSlayer - 12-03-2019

Count me in
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - braedenl - 12-09-2019

I'm in. Thanks.
[signature]

Re: [hookngrinin] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - bblake98 - 12-26-2019

Is it too late for me to enter?
[signature]

Re: [bblake98] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - catchinon - 12-26-2019

Not at all too late. Some of us have started early to try to get a jump on the Challenge, but the bulk of the season is just starting. Join us, you'll have a blast.
[signature]

Re: [catchinon] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - bblake98 - 12-26-2019

Okay I'm in!
[signature]

Re: [bblake98] Utah Ice Fishing Challenge - 2019/2020 IT'S TIME - hookngrinin - 12-28-2019

Welcome to the Challenge! The action is just now starting to pick up.
[signature]