Fishing Forum
Right or Wrong?? - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Right or Wrong?? (/showthread.php?tid=1095008)

Right or Wrong?? - bassrods - 04-13-2020

Is it right or wrong to only let people from the county that the state park is in use it??
We all pay (taxes) don't we??

Bassrods

RE: Right or Wrong?? - Kent - 04-13-2020

I thought you moved to Oregon, or was it Washington?

RE: Right or Wrong?? - Joe_Hill - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 01:30 AM)bassrods Wrote: Is it right or wrong to only let people from the county that the state park is in use it??

Bassrods

I also thought you were on the coast in Southern Oregon. Don't worry too much about the current inconvience. All the big smb in Jordanelle ended up as fish toacos after you left anyways Tongue

RE: Right or Wrong?? - Anglinarcher - 04-13-2020

I will land on the side of wrong.  I understand the intent, just don't support the unequal application of rules and the loss of rights legally obtained with the legal purchase of Parks Passes.But, others will tell you that it is a temporary loss of rights.  I have been told that I should watch the trillogy ATLAS SHRUGS.  Hmmmm, not sure.

RE: Right or Wrong?? - FishfulThinkin - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 01:30 AM)bassrods Wrote: Is it right or wrong to only let people from the county that the state park is in use it??

Bassrods

This has caused me to ponder about something I learned way back last century (40 years ago) in my freshman American Heritage class: The concept of Self Interest vs Public Good. Human nature is typically oriented toward the former but a civil society requires a healty dose of the latter as I remember. I have wondered what harm it would be for me to "sneak" across the county line a few miles up the road to fish my normal places where I know I could easily maintain significant social distances and not harm anyone. In fact, I usually lean toward doing what I want if it doesn't harm anyone. However, this time I have decided to stay close to home and try to do my part even though I know I could go to another county without endangering anyone. I'm not tooting my own horn, just something I decided to do on this one. Everyone has to do make their own decision but I guess in the interest of "public good" I decided to try and do something for everyone's good, and not just for my personal enjoyment. Hopefully if most people will do the same we can snuff this sucker out and be back to normal sooner rather than later. Just my $.02

RE: Right or Wrong?? - Anglinarcher - 04-14-2020

I too remember those History and Government classes, also a little over 40 years ago.  It was one of our founding fathers I am told that said something similar to what we hear now "those that give up freedom for security end up with neither".

I also remember the "Vulcan" movie phrase "the good of the many out way the good of the few, or the one".

The movie trillogy I mentioned is one you should look up and at least read the premise.  Many writers have warned us of the ability of Government to take control through the use of a crisis.  In fact, a recent politician said the same thing.

Still, conspirisory theories aside, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.  Does fishing by yourself in another county hurt?  Not likley.  Can we follow the guidlines and not do it?  For a time, then like caged animals we rebel.  If this clears up soon, and if life returns to normal, all will be well.  If they declare a "new normal" and life and freedoms never return, ........ I will ponder this one longer.
Huh

RE: Right or Wrong?? - bassrods - 04-14-2020

(04-13-2020, 01:44 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: I thought you moved to Oregon, or was it Washington?
I was tring to get a house built but Or has some goofy laws about what you have to do to get permets to build..So not yet..And now this 19 ...
Take out the salt water fishing, and Bass, Utah has better fishing..But much more waterskers..

RE: Right or Wrong?? - fishskibum - 04-15-2020

if you sell me something i cant use and refuse to refund my money its fraud
if you wont even return my phone calls or emails it becomes negiligent fraud
"those who make peaceful revolutions impossible
make violent revolutions inevitable" -jfk

RE: Right or Wrong?? - Joe_Hill - 04-15-2020

(04-15-2020, 09:51 AM)fishskibum Wrote: if you sell me something i cant use and refuse to refund my money its fraud
if you wont even return my phone calls or emails it becomes negiligent fraud
"those who make peaceful revolutions impossible
make violent revolutions inevitable" -jfk

Due Diligence - Reasonable steps taken by a person in order to satisfy a legal requirement, especially in buying or selling something.

RE: Right or Wrong?? - RonPaulFan - 04-17-2020

Bassrods

Now is our chance to be heard and be effective.  Our legislature is in a special session they just called to address this, so that means your State Representative and your State Senator needs to hear from you now since they are there now and creating legislation that should include this.  There are useful things we can do about virus, but there are foolish, ineffective nonsense things in the mix and our representative form of government needs to properly operate with the checks and balances of our legislature elected by us to represent us.  But, we must do our part by telling them our perspective. Click this link and find your Utah House Representative and Senator and their contact information:
https://utah.gov/government/legislative.html
Ronald H Levine   Smile
SAN041
Utah Republican State Delegate
Salt Lake County Delegate

[Image: Goldfish.jpg]