Fishing Forum
Chesterfield beauty - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Idaho Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=353)
+--- Forum: Idaho Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Chesterfield beauty (/showthread.php?tid=1095327)

Chesterfield beauty - Tazasorus - 05-12-2020

Hey everybody, long time no see. Back fusion healing coming along well. Didnt know how long i could stand sitting in my little boat but had to give it a go. Hit the water around 7, had our first fish on 15 minutes later. Ended up being our biggest. A robust 23 inch, 5lb. 2 oz beauty. My 82 year old dads still got it. Little early, not much activity, only landed 10. Turned loose some nice mid range fish though. Managed to catch one of those black headed seagulls in my long trolling trailer, had to cut line to save the poor bird, by by 7 dollar rapala. Also managed to sink a treble hook a half inch deep at the base of my finger nail. Pulled on with pliers with all my strength and wouldn't come out, thought my old man was going to yack. Finally managed to turn sideways and something gave and it popped out. Thought i was going to have to push it through. Always something to keep it exciting right? Anyway here is a picture of that fish. Hope this finds everyone well and safe. HAPPY FISHING!
[Image: 20200508-072353.jpg]

RE: Chesterfield beauty - meancuznalfy - 05-12-2020

Sounds like a pretty good day for being slow fishing.

RE: Chesterfield beauty - wiperhunter2 - 05-13-2020

(05-12-2020, 05:39 PM)Tazasorus Wrote: Hey everybody, long time no see. Back fusion healing coming along well. Didnt know how long i could stand sitting in my little boat but had to give it a go. Hit the water around 7, had our first fish on 15 minutes later. Ended up being our biggest. A robust 23 inch, 5lb. 2 oz beauty. My 82 year old dads still got it. Little early, not much activity, only landed 10. Turned loose some nice mid range fish though. Managed to catch one of those black headed seagulls in my long trolling trailer, had to cut line to save the poor bird, by by 7 dollar rapala. Also managed to sink a treble hook a half inch deep at the base of my finger nail. Pulled on with pliers with all my strength and wouldn't come out, thought my old man was going to yack. Finally managed to turn sideways and something gave and it popped out. Thought i was going to have to push it through. Always something to keep it exciting right? Anyway here is a picture of that fish. Hope this finds everyone well and safe. HAPPY FISHING!
[Image: 20200508-072353.jpg]

Nice report and pic, I bet it was nice getting out with your Dad, even if the catching was slow. Good to hear your back is doing better after the surgery. I had a treble hook get buried in my finger, right by my finger nail once, I ended up just driving it all the way through, then cuuting off the barb before getting it out, no fun at all. Over the years I've caught a few differnt kind of birds while fishing with the seagull I just reeled in in like a fish but it was flying, so that was weird, reeling down from the sky but once we got it to the boat we were able to get the lure off without too much damage to the bird, just had the hold the birds mouth closed, to keep it from pecking at me, while we removed the hook.

RE: Chesterfield beauty - fast_randy - 05-18-2020

I hit Chesterfield on Sunday. The fish finder shows lots of fish spred through out the the water depth. But I couldn't find anything they liked too much. I got 3 my biggest was around 2 lbs. And lost a couple at the boat. They were catching them from the bank.

RE: Chesterfield beauty - MMDon - 05-18-2020

That's quite the outing! Thanks for the report! Enjoyed the read!