Fishing Forum
2020 Catfish Contest - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Contests (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: 2020 Catfish Contest (/showthread.php?tid=1095434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - jbob81 - 04-01-2020

Tin-Can pid= Wrote:
jbob81 pid= Wrote:
SkunkedAgain pid= Wrote:
jbob81 pid= Wrote:JBOB81 is in!! I live in Saratoga Springs. Does that make me a North or South guy?

You live right in the heart of team south land... I assume you will fish Utah lake and the Jordon river?  If so team south is for you... If you fish the Bear River and Willard and points north, then the north might be your preference... But I'll let you tell me which you perfer... Good luck... Jeff

Yes the majority of my fishing for cats is in Utah Lake so team south it is. Thanks

jbob81, I got you added to sheet for South.  Good luck. Any relation to dubob ? Undecided

No relation that I'm aware of  Big Grin

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Therapist - 04-07-2020

Looks like with all the restrictions,  I'll be fishing Utah Lake more this year than in years past,  so sign me up for Team South.  Also, where do I get the needed materials, banner for pics, etc to enter a catch ??  Please let me know !!

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - brookie - 04-07-2020

Yeah I am a late entry for the south. As UL is the only water I can currently fish, and Catchinon has invited me to go tomorrow (separate boats) might as well be entered. Thanks Jeff.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can - 04-07-2020

Therapist, Brookie got you both on the sheet. For placards, rules etc; go to Utah Fishing Forum / Utah Contests / first 4 posts of that thread have all the info you need.  Good luck fellas.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - SkunkedAgain - 04-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 03:00 PM)brookie Wrote: Yeah I am a late entry for the south. As UL is the only water I can currently fish, and Catchinon has invited me to go tomorrow (separate boats) might as well be entered. Thanks Jeff.
Hey good luck down there, they are catching some beauties so far this spring, but don't worry about starting late, the biggest have yet to be caught... Good luck.. Jeff

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - bottomwatcher - 04-09-2020

Finally was able to log in. I'm in for the North and can hopefully help out the team this year.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can - 04-10-2020

(04-09-2020, 01:04 AM)bottomwatcher Wrote: Finally was able to log in. I'm in for the North and can hopefully help out the team this year.

Hey, welcome back. North Team could sure use you right now. As a matter of fact, I think I just now made a reference to you in another thread. Didn't use your name, just refered to as jig_fisher's brother Shy.  Because of the new site issues, and Jeff having to do teleworking, he has some difficulties at times getting a computer that will function with the new site. Many of us, as well as you, have experienced the new site roll out that has been everything except fun and easy...........Huh. I will get you added  to the contest sheet for Team North. Good luck.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - SkunkedAgain - 04-11-2020

bottomwatcher pid= Wrote:Finally was able to log in. I'm in for the North and can hopefully help out the team this year.

Oh yeah, I'm glad you're back we have a battle this year and need the best. Thanks for signing up. Jeff

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Fritzfishin - 04-17-2020

First cat of the year! 26.5" utah lake april 17 at noon! Santee rig with a perch head ??
[Image: 20200417-120533.jpg]

[Image: 20200417-120303.jpg]

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Cat in the Yak - 04-25-2020

Sign me up for utah team south. Cat in the yak.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 09:09 PM)Cat in the Yak Wrote: Sign me up for utah team south. Cat in the yak.

Got ya on the sheet. You need to go into the 2020 Cat Contest Thread and check out the rules, set up your contest thread, and pull out and print a placard.  Welcome aboard.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - AnglinAngel - 05-27-2020

Hi I'd like to sign up for this 2020 Catfish Contest but couldn't find any instructions to sign up or rules of participating.  Can someone clue me in? It's been a couple of years since I've fished for big cats on Utah Lake.  And I sold my 19" Bayliner about 3 years ago and havent' purchased another boat yet.  Then last summer I lost my favorite fishing partner and I've been grieving since.  But good news: my grandson called me on Monday and asked me to go fishing with him at the Farmingto Ponds.  I was so excited.  We went and the pond was so crownded.  What can ya expect for a Holiday? But the anglers to our north and the rectreaters to our right were all  following State guidelines and we kept our distance from each other, which ya do anywhay when out fishing from a shoreline.  Gotta give each angle their own spot and room enought to fish withour being on top of each other.  I was just thrilled to bbe fishing and this little grandson of mine who's 12 is actually quite good.  We took him fishing since the age of 3 so he's learned a lot since then.  And I'm happy to say fish were causght while we were there.  The anglers just north of us on the East side of the ponds were pulling them in like clockwork.  They caught their limit and another group of fishermen left of our neighbors caught their limit as well, so our neigbors took sympathy on us and gave us 2 fish to keep and smoke up that night at our Family BBQ. First get together for me since Covid-19 reared its ugly contaious face. Although we came away with fish, we were skunked and I figured the Fishing Gods were just letting me pay some dues... thought I'd paid plenty of dues over the years cause I too started fishing with my Dad when I was 3.   Anyway, I don't want to be here writing a book but its been about 4-5 years since I've visited BFT and had a lot to say!  SO...can anyone guide me to the sign up page for the Catfish Contest and also ro the rules? AND, one last thing....does anyone need a fishing partner or would be willing to go fishing with me somewhrere local, like UT Lake? I'm willing to tale a chance on going with a fellow BFT member cause I definitey don't want to end up like the recent girls who were murdered.  I'd like to go with more than one person for my second time out in 3 years, if that's possible. 

I'm glad to be back "HOME" Let's go catch us some monster cats!  Anyone game to help this AngliinAngel out? Reply here or send me a PM. I gotta yell FISHON!!,

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 09:32 PM)AnglinAngel Wrote: Hi I'd like to sign up for this 2020 Catfish Contest but couldn't find any instructions to sign up or rules of participating.  Can someone clue me in? It's been a couple of years since I've fished for big cats on Utah Lake.  And I sold my 19" Bayliner about 3 years ago and havent' purchased another boat yet.  Then last summer I lost my favorite fishing partner and I've been grieving since.  But good news: my grandson called me on Monday and asked me to go fishing with him at the Farmingto Ponds.  I was so excited.  We went and the pond was so crownded.  What can ya expect for a Holiday? But the anglers to our north and the rectreaters to our right were all  following State guidelines and we kept our distance from each other, which ya do anywhay when out fishing from a shoreline.  Gotta give each angle their own spot and room enought to fish withour being on top of each other.  I was just thrilled to bbe fishing and this little grandson of mine who's 12 is actually quite good.  We took him fishing since the age of 3 so he's learned a lot since then.  And I'm happy to say fish were causght while we were there.  The anglers just north of us on the East side of the ponds were pulling them in like clockwork.  They caught their limit and another group of fishermen left of our neighbors caught their limit as well, so our neigbors took sympathy on us and gave us 2 fish to keep and smoke up that night at our Family BBQ. First get together for me since Covid-19 reared its ugly contaious face. Although we came away with fish, we were skunked and I figured the Fishing Gods were just letting me pay some dues... thought I'd paid plenty of dues over the years cause I too started fishing with my Dad when I was 3.   Anyway, I don't want to be here writing a book but its been about 4-5 years since I've visited BFT and had a lot to say!  SO...can anyone guide me to the sign up page for the Catfish Contest and also ro the rules? AND, one last thing....does anyone need a fishing partner or would be willing to go fishing with me somewhrere local, like UT Lake? I'm willing to tale a chance on going with a fellow BFT member cause I definitey don't want to end up like the recent girls who were murdered.  I'd like to go with more than one person for my second time out in 3 years, if that's possible. 

I'm glad to be back "HOME" Let's go catch us some monster cats!  Anyone game to help this AngliinAngel out? Reply here or send me a PM. I gotta yell FISHON!!,

Hey AA, welcome back.  To join the Cat Contest:

1.  Go back to the Main Utah Fishing Forum, scroll down about 5 Forums to one called Utah Contests.

2.  Go into that Forum. At the top of the first Page of [b]Utah Contests are 4 Important Threads. The ones you need[/b]
[b]             to read first are #3 & #4. Follow what you read there, then you can catch up with the other 2 Cat Chat and Standings.[/b]
[b]       3.   Then go catch some Cats.........Good Luck.[/b]

[b]While you are doing that, let me know what  team you want to join North or  South, and I will get you loaded up on the standings sheet.   [/b]
Oh yea, this new site has had more  than it's share of growing pains. If you have trouble navigating around, like it kicking you to a screen that says something like it can't get you there from wherever you started, just keep trying. Not sure what to tell you that works, cuz it seems to be different for everybody, at different times. 

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - catchinon - 05-28-2020

I'll send you a PM. - Craig

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - SkunkedAgain - 05-28-2020

Welcome AA, looks like the guys got you taken care of... If you need any other info let me know... Good luck and welcome back... Jeff

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can - 05-28-2020

AA, I put you on the Cat contest on South  team. Hope that's where you want. If not, let me,  know, easy to change.

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - r2u2 - 05-29-2020

Here's a couple a couple days ago.

Utah Lake  : 29" May 26th 2020

Utah Lake 30 " May 26th 2020  [Image: Ut-Lake-29-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]    [Image: Utah-Lake-30-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]

Great fish, I’m seeing 29 and 29.5 points we need to have you do a post on the contest board for tracking these. I’ll see if I can do that. If not I hope you will. Great to have you two back on the boards. 

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - MrsJ - 05-29-2020

Utah Lake 25 1/2 inches May 26 th 2020   [Image: UT-Lake-25-5-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]  This is my first, but not my last.

Great start for 25.5 points.  I’m sure it won’t be your last or biggest..

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - Tin-Can - 05-30-2020

(05-29-2020, 03:42 AM)r2u2 Wrote: Here's a couple a couple days ago.

Utah Lake  : 29" May 26th 2020

Utah Lake 30 " May 26th 2020  [Image: Ut-Lake-29-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]    [Image: Utah-Lake-30-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]

Great fish, I’m seeing 29 and 29.5 points we need to have you do a post on the contest board for tracking these. I’ll see if I can do that. If not I hope you will. Great to have you two back on the boards. 

POSTED

(05-29-2020, 03:43 AM)MrsJ Wrote: Utah Lake 25 1/2 inches May 26 th 2020   [Image: UT-Lake-25-5-inches-May-26-2020.jpg]  This is my first, but not my last.

Great start for 25.5 points.  I’m sure it won’t be your last or biggest..

POSTED

RE: 2020 Catfish Contest - MrsJ - 06-04-2020

Utah Lake June 3rd 2020  24 1/2 inches

[Image: Utah-Lake-June-3rd-2020-24-5-inches.jpg]
I already posted this once, but aparently I put it in the wrong place.
Maybe someday I'll get it right.