Fishing Forum
Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho (/showthread.php?tid=1096524)

Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - Justaguywaworm - 11-09-2020

I know a few of you guys like to fish Henry's Lake in Idaho, Island Park.  

My son made a little video of our last excursion.  

It was lots of fun to get the boys out on the water. 

Here's a video my son made.

https://youtu.be/QAwyNyhJhds

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - Kent - 11-09-2020

Looks like a good time was had by all.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - kandersonSLC - 11-09-2020

If the wind behaves, there is no place like Henry's Lake for great fishing.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - richyd4u - 11-09-2020

Man, I love that place...so many great fishing memories back during opening day there!

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - JArner - 11-09-2020

That lake is on my list of places to fish this next year.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - ratnest - 11-10-2020

Always a good time at Henry's when the wind cooperates. Fished a few days in Mid October and it was a little hit and miss. First evening was almost non stop action. Next day not so much, after a windy morning.

Looked like you must have been trolling with a fly/leach behind a dodger.

Another few weeks and Henry's will be icing up.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - ratnest - 11-11-2020

On a side note, I heard that Henrys had Iced up a couple weeks ago, but then broke up with the warmer weather. Temps are probably to the point it will ice up very soon, if not already.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - fast_randy - 11-11-2020

I will keep a watch on it and let you know. I was up there in October.
[Image: 20201027-095824.jpg]

[Image: 20201027-094416.jpg]

[Image: 20201027-092335.jpg]

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - SkunkedAgain - 11-12-2020

Rumor is 5" and it is being fished.... J

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - Fishtracker - 11-12-2020

I was up there last weekend but, given the reports that people had started to ice fish Henry's, I didn't tow the boat up.  We drove to West Yellowstone on Saturday (it was a ghost town) and it looked like the lake was open.  I was bummed.  

Glad you and your boys had a good trip.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - fast_randy - 11-13-2020

I went up today. I got a late start and didn't make it there by Staley springs until 11 or so. There was only 2 inches where I like to fish. But I seen two guys on the ice further down. And they had 3 inches of ice. But only 3 feet of water. But I fished there. There were some other fishermen further past us. But you could see they were right by the bank. Nobody dared go to far out. The two guys I talked to were catching a few on pink jigs. They said they tried to set their ice tent out on the ice further out, but the ice sunk on them. I got a bite, right of the bat, but missed it. Then later my jawjacker hooked a nice one but I lost it. A couple more bites and that was it. The wind picked up and it got cold. The weather is going to be bad Friday night and Saturday. I think I will try again on Tuesday.

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - SkunkedAgain - 11-13-2020

Thanks Randy, Nice to have an actual report... Doesn't sound like I want to make the drive quite yet... but with the colder weather it probably won't take too much longer to get a safe sheet on there. Thanks for the reports and I'll be looking forward to next week... Later Jeff

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - ratnest - 11-16-2020

I had heard it was capped in Late October, but warm weather broke that up.

Any one fish in the outlet at all during ice fishing?

RE: Fall Fishing Henry's Lake - Idaho - Muskyon46 - 11-16-2020

(11-16-2020, 12:44 AM)ratnest Wrote: I had heard it was capped in Late October, but warm weather broke that up.

Any one fish in the outlet at all during ice fishing?

I have always wanted to give it a try and People do fish the outlet. From what I hear the main issue is getting a vehicle close to it. I have heard of one but when the snow gets deeper it becomes a blocked. Access by foot, wheelers and sleds is doable when it gets safe enough.