Fishing Forum
Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Michigan Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=364)
+--- Forum: Michigan Fishing News (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+--- Thread: Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there (/showthread.php?tid=1100081)

Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there - Bigbass101 - 01-22-2022

Frog fishing the pads for largemouth has to be some of the best fishing you can do.  So fun and watching the explosive strikes really gets you pumped up.  Come along for this fishing trip and see how the frog produced.  Edit:

Best Frog Fishing Lake in Michigan Video

[Image: SMsmall.jpg]

RE: Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there - Bigbass101 - 01-22-2022

(01-22-2022, 02:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: You are not allowed to ask members to subscribe to your Youtube channel, that is a form of advertisement and is not allowed on BFT.

Gotcha. I went to edit it, but unless you removed it I don't see it on there. It's a Rumble Channel. Don't do YouTube. I just needed somewhere to put videos that wasn't politically motivated. I use their platform for now. I see you holding a wiper in your Avitar. You still have open water? I don't think Michigan has wipers, but I believe some of the southern Ohio and Indiana Reservoir's do. I always wanted to catch one. I hear they pull harder than smallmouth.

RE: Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there - wiperhunter2 - 01-22-2022

(01-22-2022, 02:31 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 02:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: You are not allowed to ask members to subscribe to your Youtube channel, that is a form of advertisement and is not allowed on BFT.

Gotcha.  I went to edit it, but unless you removed it I don't see it on there.  It's a Rumble Channel.  Don't do YouTube.  I just needed somewhere to put videos that wasn't politically motivated.  I use their platform for now.  I see you holding a wiper in your Avitar.  You still have open water?  I don't think Michigan has wipers, but I believe some of the southern Ohio and Indiana Reservoir's do.  I always wanted to catch one.  I hear they pull harder than smallmouth.

Yea, I edited all three of your post, to remove what was not allowed. While we are grateful for you post on these boards, there are certain things that are just not allowed. When members post video, we ask that they provide some content to their post so members will know what the video is about without clicking on the video link, the second thing as I explained is members that post video are not allowed to ask members to subscribe to their channel.

LOL, no open water here in Northern Utah, Southern Utah there is open water around Lake Powell but they do not have wipers there. Wipers are fighting machines and for sure fight as hard as SM bass, if not harder and they get a lot bigger. The wiper in my Avatar was caught with a guide in Nebraska years ago.

RE: Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there - Bigbass101 - 01-22-2022

Well, I'm not sure what happened to my long reply. lol Some how it got lost. I'll try again in a shorter version. Wipers a cross between a striped bass and white bass? I'm definitely putting them on my bucket list. Going to spend some of these winter days trying to see what the best methods for catching them are. Sorry my long reply got lost, but now I'm realizing how faint my memory is as I try to retype what I had.

I noticed there wasn't much in the Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana boards so I tried to give some reports from this past summer. I like to record them in video form whenever possible. Plus, I have some older friends that can no longer get out fishing and they seem to enjoy them and brings back memories of being on the water.
Thanks again for the info on the Wipers.

RE: Best Froggin Lake in Michigan? This might be up there - wiperhunter2 - 01-22-2022

(01-22-2022, 07:41 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote: Well, I'm not sure what happened to my long reply.  lol  Some how it got lost.  I'll try again in a shorter version.  Wipers a cross between a striped bass and white bass?  I'm definitely putting them on my bucket list.  Going to spend some of these winter days trying to see what the best methods for catching them are.  Sorry my long reply got lost, but now I'm realizing how faint my memory is as I try to retype what I had. 

I noticed there wasn't much in the Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana boards so I tried to give some reports from this past summer.  I like to record them in video form whenever possible.  Plus, I have some older friends that can no longer get out fishing and they seem to enjoy them and brings back memories of being on the water.
Thanks again for the info on the Wipers.

Not sure why it does that but we see that ever so often but I've never seen it happen when you hit the black, "New Reply" button at the bottom right.
Yes, wipers are a cross between striped bass and white bass. There are a lot of methods that people use to catch them around this area but my favorite method is trolling cranks, they hit like a freight train and you better have your rod in a holder, with the drag set or they can pull the rod right out of your hand, I like to use Berkley flicker shad.