Fishing Forum
New adventure new adventure in life - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: New adventure new adventure in life (/showthread.php?tid=1101308)

New adventure new adventure in life - MSM1970 - 06-30-2022

So I have lived in utah county most my life, to many people now, daughter graduated HS and is working on her adventures, so I decided I needed a change, so I picked up stakes and moved to Vernal, new job newish house, new adventures, several lakes close, starvy only an hour away, gorge and hour, hope have more reports form out here soon, starting to lose my hearing in my left eye cuz it's been so long since I have been on the water,  soon tho soon.

But I will miss the big mamas at UL, still try to get there a couple times in the spring, but I think starvy will produce for me, I hope, Oh ya  is this south or north for catfish contest?

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - Cowboypirate - 06-30-2022

I would still call that team South. Great area to explore over on that side of the Uintas. You will have give us some good reports on pelican.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - TubeDude - 06-30-2022

Wow.  You really let that bad run on the prespawn mamas get to you.  Just packed up and moved out.  Hope you find plenty of finny folks over there that wanna play.  I'll be watching for your reports with bait on my breath...or however that goes.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - fast_randy - 06-30-2022

I have to repeat, Wow. I used to spend a lot of time in the Vernal area. Mostly hunting. At one time I wanted my ashes to be spred up on Leidy peak where I bow hunted Elk along the Highline trail. It is up the Red Cloud Loop, North of Vernal. But I grew up fishing the Gorge, the Green River and Brownie and Sheep Creek Lakes. I didn't do any catfishing back then. But I think Steinaker has some. And Pelican might. But the first thing I would want to do is hit the Green below the dam. Drive the the road to Little Hole and fish walking up river. Huge Browns and rainbows that you can see in the clear water. And check out Mat Warner over on Diamond Mountain, there was some big trout there. If it isn't dry. And take the road on past Mat Warner on down to the Green River. You will be right across from Little Hole.
And Mike, if you hunt, start putting in for Goslin Three Corners elk. Early rifle season. Goslin is one of my favorite places, right up there with Lincon Beach.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - Boatloadakids - 06-30-2022

You will be missed, especially at the Lincoln launch. Starvation should be good to you with your skill at taking those walleyes. Stay tuned and let us know all about your new adventures.
Best to ya.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - MSM1970 - 07-02-2022

Cowboy: south it is, havent had much time to explore yet, there telling me down on the green there's some good cats, want to hit pelican to see what the what all the excitement is,

Pat, I tried not to get to upset about it but it hurt a bit with only 4 big girls in the boat, still plan on next spring a couple times, just have to have my brother drive, but I dont think his boat catches as big of fish, gonna do my best to see if I can find some big girls in starvy, Im sure I will still be making some orders from you now ya got me hooked on your goodys.

Randy, It only put about 45 min more to my reg hunting grounds, lots of places to fish and explore, do want to hit the green, thanks for the back way in,

Lyn, your gonna have to start going after those eyes next spring to keep them exercised for me, hit that spot where I showed you for the WB last part of march, southwest ridge of the island this oct, they like that spot, hopefully you can launch all year,

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - catchinon - 07-02-2022

Well heck. You're leaving a big hole behind you. I just drove past your place of work and thought of you. Sometimes I go down the road by your house. Always thought that someday we might fish together. I'd still like to get some tips from you on catching the walleye. You'll be missed all the way around.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - wiperhunter2 - 07-02-2022

Not sure what your biggest eyes is to date from Utah lake but I was just reading 2021 Master Angler list from In-Fisherman and last year a guy from South Jordan caught an eye from Starvation, that was 30.25". He caught it in June, so the bite might be different there but it could be a good bite all Spring, maybe even into the Fall. Good luck with your move, I'm pretty sure you will find some great areas to fish there.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - MSM1970 - 07-03-2022

Catch , anytime you got questions about UL I'll help you as much as I can, lots of patience and casting for the most part, get the boat ready for the first of march.

WH, the biggest is 29.5 about 12 lbs, alot around 26-28, still working on the 30 in goal, Im thinking knights or strawberry river, just after ice out, as far as I know starvy can be good all year for eyes, just need to locate the big girls, I hear of 30+ that the bass guys catch, once I get set up I sure want to get over there and try, hopefully it don't take to long at least should be able to find some eaters,

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - wiperhunter2 - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 07:14 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: Catch , anytime you got questions about UL I'll help you as much as I can, lots of patience and casting for the most part, get the boat ready for the first of march.

WH, the biggest is 29.5 about 12 lbs, alot around 26-28, still working on the 30 in goal, Im thinking knights or strawberry river, just after ice out, as far as I know starvy can be good all year for eyes, just need to locate the big girls, I hear of 30+ that the bass guys catch, once I get set up I sure want to get over there and try, hopefully it don't take to long at least should be able to find some eaters,

Agreed on the eaters, Stary need lots of those smaller eaters thinned out and let more of bigger ones grow.

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - SkunkedAgain - 07-05-2022

Hey Mike,
Congrats on the move, hope it turns out great for you... I didn't realize how far out Vernal was until I went down to get my boat... Should be a great spot with a lot slower pace of life... If you're like me, that's a good thing, so hope you enjoy it a bunch.. Now I have a good contact for when I get down that way.. Looking forward to your reports from the east side, and yes that is still team south for the catfish... Later Jeff

RE: New adventure new adventure in life - fishskibum - 07-06-2022

several lifetimes of diverse waters in that hood
i think calder, crouse n matt warner took a beating with last years drought this past winter but hopefully they can restock
Id echo the hit the green sometime
go check out jarvie ranch a lot of good easy drive to accessible wadeable fishing waters in browns park
i think there open weds-sun this summer
a lot of cool historical stuff in that hood
dino np is always worth a visit