Fishing Forum
Strawberry Saturday - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Strawberry Saturday (/showthread.php?tid=1104937)

Strawberry Saturday - chubby chaser - 07-22-2024

I took my wife and some neighbors to strawberry on Saturday morning on the tritoon. Left about 6:30am, on the water by 8 am.  The marina parking lot was pretty full already, as was suspected, it ended up being a heavy boat day with lots of people out pulling lines.  Saw lots of wakeboarders too.  We motored over to the narrows and trolled with dodgers, hoochies and wedding rings. Caught a couple 14" bows right away but not much else. worked over to the SC side with not many bites but fought lots of big waves from the millions of boats cruising through.   fished around SC and saw lots of marks around 40-50 feet deep but no takers.  Decided to go hit some coves and cast tube jigs and rapalas.  Caught a few bows, and I had a nice cutt follow my rapala right to the boat and half  heartedly nip at it right at the surface but didnt connect.   it looked lethargic and Im sure the 71 degree water didnt help much.   Ended up connecting on a nice 20+ cutty that flipped overboard before the wife could snap a pic.   It was hot and with the all the boats, and high pressure system, it probably shut down a lot of the bite.  Still beats being at home doing yard work.

RE: Strawberry Saturday - wiperhunter2 - 07-24-2024

(07-22-2024, 06:48 PM)chubby chaser Wrote: I took my wife and some neighbors to strawberry on Saturday morning on the tritoon. Left about 6:30am, on the water by 8 am.  The marina parking lot was pretty full already, as was suspected, it ended up being a heavy boat day with lots of people out pulling lines.  Saw lots of wakeboarders too.  We motored over to the narrows and trolled with dodgers, hoochies and wedding rings. Caught a couple 14" bows right away but not much else. worked over to the SC side with not many bites but fought lots of big waves from the millions of boats cruising through.   fished around SC and saw lots of marks around 40-50 feet deep but no takers.  Decided to go hit some coves and cast tube jigs and rapalas.  Caught a few bows, and I had a nice cutt follow my rapala right to the boat and half  heartedly nip at it right at the surface but didnt connect.   it looked lethargic and Im sure the 71 degree water didnt help much.   Ended up connecting on a nice 20+ cutty that flipped overboard before the wife could snap a pic.   It was hot and with the all the boats, and high pressure system, it probably shut down a lot of the bite.  Still beats being at home doing yard work.

I agree, sometimes it's just nice to get out and getaway from things at home and at least you caught a few fish. You one of the lucky ones, that has a wife that will go out fishing with them.