Fishing Forum
Mirror lake highway - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Mirror lake highway (/showthread.php?tid=1105255)

Mirror lake highway - Gone Forever - 10-01-2024

The wife mentioned that both my son and I were in need of a haircut, so we went fishing instead.

We were tempted to go back up to Smith and Morehouse but decided instead to head up Hwy 150 and hit a few Tiger trout lakes.
We fished Trial and Moosehorn.  Both had many very cooperative small trout in the 10" size with one 14" bow coming from Trial.
You could see lots of fish in the water, harder to entice them.  Turned up their noses at PB in corn, garlic and pink sparkle trout flavor or worms.
They turned up their noses at Jakes, Super Dupers, Black Fury spinners but when I broke out old faithful, my small Buoyant in Brown trout pattern it was on.
My son, who had the inflatable and fished all over Trial caught 12.  I, from the shore caught 2, both from Moosehorn where he caught another 2.  All in all a good day hanging with my son and fishing.

PS. Removed the picture link. It was just a picture of the lure.
I should mention we were casting as far as we could, way out there and most strikes came very soon after hitting the water.  We were keeping the lures shallow.  Maybe 18" at most.

RE: Mirror lake highway - SkunkedAgain - 10-01-2024

Nice trim there, I think I need to get one of those as well... Great report, thanks for sharing the fun.... Looked like the photo posting didn't show for me, but my computer is weird so it may be just me... Later Jeff

RE: Mirror lake highway - wiperhunter2 - 10-02-2024

[Image: Thomas-buoyant-lure.jpg]

Were you catching them on this lure? Sounds like another fun trip.

RE: Mirror lake highway - Cowboypirate - 10-02-2024

Could you see the fire from your views?

RE: Mirror lake highway - Gone Forever - 10-02-2024

(10-02-2024, 12:05 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [Image: Thomas-buoyant-lure.jpg]

Were you catching them on this lure? Sounds like another fun trip.

Yes, that's the one.  In 1/6th and 1/4 oz sizes.
Not sure why when I tried to post the picture all that gobbeldy goop showed up. On my pre post and when I went back to it to edit the picture was on those.

Anyway, heading back up today it was so much fun.  Better shoes so we can walk to some of the off road lakes and try them.

I should also mention that Trial lake has an open area where those with handicaps can drive past the parking lot and almost to the water.

RE: Mirror lake highway - wiperhunter2 - 10-02-2024

(10-02-2024, 12:32 PM)Gone Forever Wrote: Not sure why when I tried to post the picture all that gobbeldy goop showed up. On my pre post and when I went back to it to edit the picture was on those.

This does not happen all the time but recently it has been a problem, if it continues, I'll contact the tech guy.

RE: Mirror lake highway - Gone Forever - 10-02-2024

(10-02-2024, 12:28 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Could you see the fire from your views?

Not the fires, but the smoke from them to the south and the road into soapstone was closed with barriers.

RE: Mirror lake highway - Cowboypirate - 10-03-2024

(10-02-2024, 04:37 PM)Gone Forever Wrote:
(10-02-2024, 12:28 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Could you see the fire from your views?

Not the fires, but the smoke from them to the south and the road into soapstone was closed with barriers.

Dang. There is a pretty spot up around iron mt that I like to grouse hunt. Might not get there this year

RE: Mirror lake highway - Gone Forever - 10-04-2024

(10-03-2024, 03:00 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

Dang. There is a pretty spot up around iron mt that I like to grouse hunt. Might not get there this year

The first picture was at noon today looking south from the Murdock mountain overlook taken at about 11am today. 

[Image: 20241003-125411.avif]
 The second picture is from the same spot about 5 hours later.

[Image: 20241003-170754.avif]

RE: Mirror lake highway - lovetofish - 10-04-2024

I love the Mirror Lake Highway and all the lakes close to the road. Great fly & bubble fishing. Good memories of fishing contests with my two sons as to who can catch the first, biggest and most. Loser has to buy burgers on the way home, but dad (me) always paid. We usually fished Teapot or Lily Lake. Good times.

RE: Mirror lake highway - wiperhunter2 - 10-05-2024

(10-04-2024, 01:45 AM)Gone Forever Wrote:
(10-03-2024, 03:00 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

The first picture was at noon today looking south from the Murdock mountain overlook taken at about 11am today. 

[Image: 20241003-125411.avif]
 The second picture is from the same spot about 5 hours later.

[Image: 20241003-170754.avif]

That's my hunting area that's burning, hope it doesn't all burn before the hunt starts in two weeks. Sad