Fishing Forum
Preston Area - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Idaho Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=353)
+--- Forum: Idaho Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Preston Area (/showthread.php?tid=326150)

Preston Area - idahopanfish - 04-13-2007

I and a friend and his wife will be in that area the weekend of april 21, we have never fished there and would love to find some action in the way of panfish (any), even Onida's walleye or some nice trout. Any body want to join us or give up some suggestions we would appreciate it.[cool]
[signature]

Re: [Guest] Preston Area - idahopanfish - 04-14-2007

Thanks Guest hope you join us sometime. This is a great group. I heard there are some rules concerning toon vs floattubes do you know which bodies of waters toons may not be allowed as well as electric motors?
[signature]

Re: [idahopanfish] Preston Area - flyguy66 - 04-14-2007

Sorry, that last post was from me, I forgot to sign in...
The only two reservoirs in the area that are "float tubes only" I believe are Weston and Winder. All of the other places I mentioned don't have regulations on watercraft. Good luck and tight lines.
[signature]

Re: [flyguy66] Preston Area - catchandrelease - 04-16-2007

Winder has good populations of panfish. Condie can have excellent panfishing. (bluegill, crappie, and bass). Glendale has a little of everything, but with high water things can be tough.

Weston would be me last choice for panfishing. There are some very, very nice perch, but there aren't many of them.

Good luck!
[signature]

Re: [catchandrelease] Preston Area - windriver - 04-16-2007

It is still way too cold for the panfish to be on their beds. You might find them schooling up in deep pockets off of the beds. I would try Winder, Johnson, or Condie for a variety of fish.

Good Luck
WIndriver
[signature]

Re: [windriver] Preston Area - packfish - 04-16-2007

Hit Treasureton for trout. Glendale has put out some crappie as has Fosters. Condie could be a possibility if we are staying in the Preston area.
[signature]

Re: [packfish] Preston Area - idahopanfish - 04-16-2007

Yiou guys are great[Wink]. I hope I can help you out sometime if you come this way. Carey Lake has been my hot spot as of late.
[signature]

Re: [idahopanfish] Preston Area - BrianID - 04-18-2007

idahopanfish,

I think you would have a good time at any of the reservoirs by Preston. This cold front will make the panfish and bass fishing more difficult than it would have been. You won't find many (if any at all) bass or bluegills in the shallows this weekend. Most years the bass and bluegill fishing at the Preston Lakes doesn't start heating up until the first couple weeks of May.

Johnson, Lamont, Glendale, Foster, Twin Lakes, Treasureton and Winder normally stocked with trout in April and/or May. The best trout fishing will be found at the reservoir that has been stocked recently. From my experience, Twin Lakes, Glendale and Treasureton tend to carry over more trout than the other reservoirs.

Glendale, Foster, Lamont, Johnson, Oneida, Condie, Winder and Twin Lakes all have perch. Glendale, Foster, Lamont, Johnson, Oneida, Condie, Winder and Twin Lakes all have perch. Glendale, Foster, Lamont, Johnson, Condie, Winder and Twin Lakes all have bluegill and LMB. Twin Lakes, Foster and Glendale are the only reservoirs in that area that I know have crappie. You might be able to pick up some walleye and/or SMB at Oneida but it is also a good place to get skunked. The Twin Lakes Canal company charges a parking fee of about $5 at Twin Lakes. They didn't have the toll area set up this winter or when I was at Twin Lakes last April.

A good game plan may be to start at Foster for trout and possibly panfish or LMB. Keep in mind you can only use electric motors at Foster. Foster isn't far out of town and if you don't have much luck there head over to a nearby reservoir.

It wouldn't hurt to bring a copy of the regulations with you. I believe Johnson and Lamont are the only reservoirs in the Preston area that don’t have special fishing and/or boating restrictions. The SE Exceptions section of the fishing regulation state the motor and boat restrictions for the small reservoirs around Preston. If you want to fish Chesterfield or Daniels take a detour on your way to Preston or on the way home. Otherwise they would be a ways out of the way. Weston is a fun place to fish but I think you would be wasting valuable fishing time while driving to and from Weston.

catchandrelease,

I've never heard of Crappie coming out of Condie. Have you caught crappie at Condie or know someone who has? Any details would be appreciated.
[signature]

Re: [BrianID] Preston Area - catchandrelease - 04-23-2007

I heard a second hand report of crappie coming out of Condie. I couldn't confirm it, but the source was reliable.
[signature]

Re: [catchandrelease] Preston Area - windriver - 04-23-2007

I have never caught crappie at Condie.

Windriver
[signature]