Fishing Forum
UPDATES: 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah events and get togethers (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Thread: UPDATES: 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! (/showthread.php?tid=400411)

Pages: 1 2 3

UPDATES: 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Catfishgitter - 03-11-2008

OK.. The dates are set. April 12, 2008 for the 1st annual CATFEST. Get there when you want for the fishing, I will be there at around dark thirty.
We will start with the actual festivities (cooking, gathering, games for kids, etc) at around 3pm and run till 6pm or until complete.
I will need RSVP from everyone who plans to attend and what, if any, they plan to bring, to include family and friends for the headcount.

Things to start that will be needed:

Ideas for games for the kids or we can just do raffles. (OPEN)
If we do contest, we can probably limit it to 12yr and younger.
Prize donations for the kids
A photographer for pictures to be posted on the website here
cooking utinsils
cooks
trashbags
paper plates
cups
ice
fish to cook (any species) is OK.
Hot Dogs and/or Hamburgers ( for those that don't eat fish)[Tongue]
Condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc)
Hot Dog Buns
Hamburger Buns
Grill (if needed) not sure.
Charcoal or Propane if needed.
Seasonings ( as you wish)
Drinks (Water for sure)

We can update the list as needed when the headcount starts to add up. Donations will be welcomed, for I believe the pavillion is $50 to reserve.
I am open for all the help I can get. There can be several of us to run the show, and so far you all have done alot to help get started.
Thanks.

For the RSVP's, pm me or just add to the post.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - FireMountain - 03-12-2008

I'm in with 1 son and 4 grandkids. I can also provide some give away stuff. I will pm you with a list also how can we do the fee thing?
[signature]

Re: [FireMountain] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - MGB - 03-12-2008

I am in with RAK. Let us know how we can help out, food or what ever.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - ocean - 03-12-2008

There are 4 of us coming maybe more but wont know till a few weeks before. I have a portable grill and a heater i can bring and use as a stove to heat things up. I can bring hot dogs and buns like at the perchathon.I will also look up and see what i have fishing wise that i can donate for the kids.
[signature]

Re: [MGB] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Catfishgitter - 03-12-2008

[reply]
I am in with RAK. Let us know how we can help out, food or what ever. [/reply]
Great. As far as for food or what not, just list what you would like to bring, and I will mark it down. (whatever you'd like to bring)
[signature]

Re: [ocean] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Troll - 03-12-2008

I think I can make it. Maybe my Bro and his tribe. That would make 6 total.
I will again volonteer to bring condiments, Ketsup, Mustard, Relish.

I can also donate to prizes. I have an Idea for a contest for the kids, I will buy something nice for a prize to go to the kid that brings in the biggest bag of trash collected from the Lincoln beach area.
That's it, largest bag of garbage wins.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - fishfinder462 - 03-12-2008

Count me in, for a total of 1. I'll bring the eating utensils ie forks, knives, spoons. Just let me know an estimated total when we are 2 or three days out. If I dont hear anything i'll just bring 100 sets.[cool]

FF462
[signature]

Re: [Troll] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Catfishgitter - 03-12-2008

[reply]
I think I can make it. Maybe my Bro and his tribe. That would make 6 total.
I will again volonteer to bring condiments, Ketsup, Mustard, Relish.

I can also donate to prizes. I have an Idea for a contest for the kids, I will buy something nice for a prize to go to the kid that brings in the biggest bag of trash collected from the Lincoln beach area.
That's it, largest bag of garbage wins. [/reply]
What an idea!!!! Leave it better than we found it. I like it!!!
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Vivid-Dawn - 03-13-2008

Glee!!
I plan on coming! I even told my supervisor at "work" (can you call volunteering as that?) that I plan to be gone that day. So, unless some drastic family matter comes up suddenly, I should be there.

I still want to bring drinks. Either water, or soda-pop, since they're both relatively cheap (yes, I'll bring bottled water, not tap water...it tastes icky, here in Davis county!)
Just let me know how many people, and I'll times it by...two or three cups each? I know I never want just ONE cup/serving at a party Wink

Also...I won't need to borrow fishin' gear. I just went on a $50 shopping spree at Wal-Mart, with my tax refund. Didn't get the top quality, but it's better than nothing!
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Heartbeat - 03-18-2008

Ill be coming with my son and possibly another person, short on cash right now so not sure what I can bring at this time will know closer to the bbcue. will volunteer to cook, help out any way you need though. (hopefully can furnish some whities and will have some seasonning for them also).
Hey I can bring a couple of bags of hashbrowns to have with the fish if that sounds good to everyone, and I have a stove and small barbecue (1 lb bottles) ill have there.
[signature]

Re: [Heartbeat] 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Troll - 03-19-2008

Glad to hear your going to be there. I was getting worried at the lack of activity.
I am excited, I have never had my boat on UL and have only caught a handfull of catfish in my life.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Troutlover - 03-19-2008

Jot me down for 10 (maybe more) The ten are all confirmed,5 adults 5 kids. We'll bring hot dogs and buns for the kids (and people that don't like fish????) [Tongue] I'll plan on 100 ppl unless I hear otherwise.
[signature]

Re: [Troutlover] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - ice_sled - 03-20-2008

I will be there. Can't wait! PM me and let me know what to bring.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - 4boats - 03-21-2008

Sorry were going to miss it. Wife and I will be in Florida, but it sounds like it will be a blast.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Catfishgitter - 03-21-2008

[size 1]Hello to all.
So far I have had a good turn out. There are about 47 confirmed between the 2 post. I need everyone that have not confirmed to refer to the sticky post at the top of the forum. Of the 47 confirmed, there are 32 adults and 16 kids. Some of you that replied to the origional post, I didn't quite get a firm confirmation on wether they were coming. So if those can, reply to the sticky at the top of the forum. (Thanks) this will be very helpful.

Here is what we have so far for necessities...

Troutlover.... Hot dogs and hot dog buns
Troll............ Prizes for kids and condiments
FishFinder462... Eating utensils
Vivid-Dawn...... Drinks
Heartbeat....... Will cook/ Bringing Stove and grill
Narient.......... Plates and cups
Firemountain.... Prizes/ Cook/ Contribute to pavillion
Ocean............ Hot dogs/buns/ port. grill & heater

If I am missing something, please let me know. Reply to the sticky post at the top. Here is what we still need.....
[/size]
[size 1]Hamburgers/ Hamburger Buns[/size]
[size 1]Cheese[/size]
[size 1]Ice
Trash Bags
Charcoal/ Propane
RSVP's (laughing... we need more)
Camera Man (for the website)
Fish to cook
Portable deep fryer
Cooking oil
Seasonings
Paper Towels/Napkins
Aluminum Foil
Baggies
Side items( Potato Salad, Chips, Cookies, BBQ Beans, etc)

And whatever I may be missing.

I will volunteer cleaning any Catfish caught the day of the BBQ (gathering) Just bring your baggies for the fillets.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!!! [/size]
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - GEEZER - 03-23-2008

I'm planning on it. Thinking of putting my boat in @ Provo boat harbor & heading to Mud Lake area off the start. Kinda suspect that since that area is shallower & a little sheltered it might be warmer & the cats more active. I'll have one & maybe two buddies with me.

I'll put my radio on ch.5 and will holler my head off if we get into them. Hope somebody else will do the same if they do.

I'll sure be glad to bring my deep fryer stove part, a dutch oven & oil to fry with. Will also bring garbage bags & a couple rolls of paper towels.

What time of day will the cookin', eatin', etc. commence? I assume it'll be @ the Lincoln Beach boat harbor area.
[signature]

Re: [Catfishgitter] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - MGB - 03-24-2008

RAK and myself will bring chips and cookies. We will also donate $20.00 or we could bring any other items that are not picked up by others, its your choice.
[signature]

Re: [MGB] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - aceman698 - 03-24-2008

i'll be there plus one what do i need to bring and what time does it start?
[signature]

Re: [aceman698] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - Heartbeat - 03-24-2008

starts as early as you get to the lake, but bbcue 3 pm to 6 pm

here is a list of what is still needed.

[size 1]Hamburgers/ Hamburger Buns
Cheese
Ice
Trash Bags
Charcoal/ Propane
RSVP's (laughing... we need more)
Camera Man (for the website)
Fish to cook
Portable deep fryer
Cooking oil
Seasonings
Paper Towels/Napkins
Aluminum Foil
Baggies
Side items( Potato Salad, Chips, Cookies, BBQ Beans, etc)
[/size]
[signature]

Re: [Heartbeat] NEED MORE! 1ST Annual BFT CATFEST @ Lincoln Beach!!! - aceman698 - 03-24-2008

I'll bring paper towels napkins and aluminum foil
[signature]