Fishing Forum
Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Utah Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 (/showthread.php?tid=521108)

Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 - Ryno - 08-03-2009

Hit the water early yesterday morning and was quickly rewarded with some kokanee while trolling uplake from Jarvies Canyon. We caught 8 kokes and lost a couple others, mostly on a pink/green RMT dodger followed by a watermelon Radical Glow tube. Fish were stacked between 45-55 ft and boat speed was about 1.8-2.0 mph. We also trolled up a few lake trout and rainbows, which preferred the Serpent spoon in Mai Tai.

Stopped to jig for a while before heading in but only managed one lake trout and one nice rainbow. Fish were hooked in 50-70 ft over about 90-100 ft using Berkley Gulp minnows on a 3/8 oz jighead.

Water temps are now around 70F. Hope it helps, Ryno
[signature]

Re: [Ryno] Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 - Hooter_Patrol - 08-03-2009

Thanks for the report Ryno,
I've been waiting for cooler weather it's been to hot for me, [blush]
I did go up on the 25th and worked on the boat and ran in to BigFishWanted and his wife got to see his new boat,
they hadn't do any good that weekend, the only time I know of that he has got skunked on the macks [:p]
hopefully I will get up there in the next week or so?
If it starts to cool off a little [crazy][Wink]
[signature]

Re: [Ryno] Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 - zrykhus - 08-03-2009

Well I am glad to see someone caught kokanee. i went saturday and never even had a school show up from linwood to 1/2 mile past the pipeline. I gave up chasing the selmon after 8 hrs of looking and trolling with zero success. But, I guess your first time kokanee fishing at the gorge might be rough. It sure was a blast though. I guess next time i go i should find out where and what a little better. Have any photos?
[signature]

Re: [zrykhus] Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 - WalleyeWiper - 08-04-2009

I was up this weekend as well with similar results. I fished Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings from about 6:30 to 9:00 from Middle Marsh to the Pipeline and caught one rainbow Friday, nada Saturday, and on 3lb Koke on Sunday. Lots of fish marks once they were found, but they didn't want what I had. Tried squids behind RMT dodgers and found the Rainbow with that set up, then finally caught the Koke on RMT Bahama Mama dodger in front of a pink Tasmanian Devil. I may have been trolling too fast, as I could only get the big motor down to about 2.5mph. Sunday I used the electric off the front and caught the Koke at 1.8-2.0 mph just North of the Pipeline. Saw other fish being caught, but couldn't get into them. Sunday it was only me, so I could only pull one lure at a time. Last year that set up worked well and the fish cooperated. Oh well.
[signature]

Re: [WalleyeWiper] Flaming Gorge Report- 8/2/09 - TroutScout - 08-07-2009

WW,

I was is the same area at the same time with similar results until I slowed my speed from 2.0-2.4 down to 1.5. Then I started to hit kokes.
[signature]