Fishing Forum
Yellowstone Lake Opener - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Idaho Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=353)
+--- Forum: Idaho Fishing General (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Yellowstone Lake Opener (/showthread.php?tid=595146)

Yellowstone Lake Opener - ironrod - 06-21-2010

[cool][cool][cool]Yellowstone Lake....gotta love that place! As Eddiefish said...we were there on the opener fishing the South arm area. We did really well...from 5-8 am we had fish on constantly. Four guys, stayed 2 nights. Two of us slept on the boat, 2 in a tent surrounded by our bear fence. 99% were caught the same way Eddie did it...spinners. The macs didn't seem to care what color. Fished 10-20 down-just long lining and guy on the bow pitched toward the bank. We landed around 25 cutts-most in the 22" range. Lakers ranged from 2-8lbs. We ended up taking 44 home[Smile]! We fileted them at Bridge Bay for almost 45 min but we filled 9 gallons freezer bags with pure fillets-skinned as well. I'll attach a few pics.
[signature]

Re: [ironrod] Yellowstone Lake Opener - Belasko - 06-21-2010

That's a lot of fish! But guess you have to do your part to check the invasive species! Some of those scenic pics are impressive as well.[Smile]
[signature]

Re: [ironrod] Yellowstone Lake Opener - MMDon - 06-21-2010

Beautiful Pics!

Thanks for the great post!
[signature]

Re: [ironrod] Yellowstone Lake Opener - windriver - 06-21-2010

I have always wondered whether the lake trout removal efforts were working. It sure doesn't look like it.
Good job, doing your part.

Windriver
[signature]

Re: [windriver] Yellowstone Lake Opener - ironrod - 06-21-2010

I do think they're making a "dent" since we had to do a little searching for these fish....most yrs it doesn't matter where you fish-you can get into some macs. They guy we spoke to said last yr they pulled 60,000 out - the week before they opener they pulled a 1,000 in one day! They are great eating so I encourage everyone with a boat to get up there and do their part as well[cool]!
[signature]

Re: [ironrod] Yellowstone Lake Opener - lipripper15 - 06-30-2010

hey i was just wondering if you could share a few secrets on where and what you use to take down them lakers those are some beautiful pictures and im going up thursday so i would love to get into them any help i would love thanks
[signature]

Re: [lipripper15] Yellowstone Lake Opener - phutch30 - 06-30-2010

Outstanding job! As a cutthroat trout biologist, I applaud your lake trout removal efforts. I wish everyone would do what you guys did. Kill them all.
[signature]

Re: [lipripper15] Yellowstone Lake Opener - ironrod - 07-02-2010

Sorry- haven't checked this for a while. Blue fox brand spinners. Size 3&4. EARLY mornings were the key-5am to 8am.
[signature]

Re: [ironrod] Yellowstone Lake Opener - windriver - 07-03-2010

I'll have to try that on my trip to Shoshone Lake. Of course things will be different since the lake trout will have moved out into deeper water by then.

Windriver
[signature]