Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Cat Contest Comments Post
Okay this is the general post to enter your comments and banter for general catfish contest fun and association... Feel free to enter questions, comments, techniques, ribbings and etc. here...

Keep it fun and good natured like you always have in the past... teasing is great, being mean not acceptable...

Did I miss anything??? Sure appreciate all of you that make this contest the biggest one of the year... last year we topped 100 participants, let's keep going and have a lot of fun while we're at it.. Hope you all enjoy this contest and if you have suggestions please PM me and we'll see if we can address them. Thanks Jeff

PS.... Oh forgot one prize that I didn't mention... There is a smallest catfish traveling trophy that is up for grabs as well as the big cats... So enter your little guys too...
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the great, rapid response to get entered... If this enthusiasm holds we'll have a record breaking contest this year... If you need your previous scores that you're shooting to beat this year or anything, let me know and I'll help you set your new goals... I want to break 30" this year..... I think I can, I think I can.... Later J
[signature]
Probably a good time to give a big thanks to you Jeff for pulling this thing together and putting up with a bunch of cataholics. Well done and very much appreciated.

Big 30+ to you.

BLK
[signature]
What BLK said!

Thanks Jeff!
[signature]
Thanks Lynn I appreciate that, but it's a lot of fun to be involved with, we need to thank Craig. He is our prize master and doing an excellent job of working with sponsors and getting us some prizes... In fact whenever anyone is in to stores like Sportsmans Warehouse, Anglers Inn, CAL Ranch, Maniac Lures, Blackstone Grills, please thank them for their sponsorship over the years... I've forgotten some so I'm terrible at this part of the job, but we have had a bunch of great sponsors that make this contest possible without charging an entry fee... So please thank them, the managers especially of the stores... That would be the best way to thank us... It makes our job so much easier... Good luck Lynn, I'm sure it will be your year... Ahi will have to earn it this year... Boy are you ready for this job to begin? Seems like some of you catter's work harder at the contest than a full time job... Well I'm sure with the cold temps we will ease into the contest, but come May - June I know it will get really busy... That's when it will get really fun.... Later Jeff
[signature]
I put more effort into this than I do my own house work and repairs since I don’t have a job, my kids are my full time job. I’ve got a new boat, 2 new rods, new tackle, had back surgery and I think I’m pretty well recovered from that. I’m not sure what else I can do to prepare for a banter year of catfishing. I need to beat my last year scores, heck I got to beat my son who whooped me. So I don’t need a 36"er I’ll take a 32"er and be happer[Tongue]
[signature]
Thanks Jim... J
[signature]
Best of luck staying ahead of the crew of yougun's, I'm thinking you'll be up there with Lynn and his posse' for total family fun this year... may you be safe and enjoy those memories... Best of luck... Jeff
[signature]
Okay got a crazy idea, like usual, what if we tried to put together a catfish contest video this year??? While you're out fishing for cats pull out your video camera and show your crew fishing on landing a few monster kitties. Then submit some of your best footage and we will see if we can find ourselves a video wizard that can produce a BFT Catfish contest video that we'll put on YouTube for all to enjoy... May do several of these throughout the contest as updates on the action... Let's see how this works... Now a call for a video wizard, anyone out there like to do videos? If so please contact me and let's see what we can do... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
I think that is a great idea Jeff and Ill do my best to support it. One disclaimer though, I may falter trying to remember one more thing to do when a big cat is coming aboard[Wink]

As I know you recall, I tend to get a bit of cat fever and forget important things like Logos in the picture[Tongue]

You will have to settle for smart phone video though. I haven't had a video camera since the cays of "VHS-C" if you can remember that!
[signature]
Hey Jim, yup I don't know how good the video's will be on solo trips and I'm with you on the phone videos, but maybe when we go with others we can film them or we can video our set ups or something like that, we can take some of these snibets and put the info together and see what it turns into.. I think it might be fun to see and we may just start a cat channel with weekly news reels... I'm just hoping we can find a member to step up with good editing skills that can make a cool finished product... Be cool if we did this as a weekly catcontest update... See what we can do... Later Jeff
[signature]
I'm in. I usually have an extra hand on board that could film. Maybe I can trade my old Brownie black and white in for one of those fancy Go Pro outfits. They say even a low-tech person like me can run one of those.[:/]

Lynn
[signature]
Well that sounds like maybe I ought to look into a go-pro then if they are easy to run... plus they have good hands free mounting so you can still do what you do and film too... Good idea... later Jeff
[signature]
Try Groupon. I’m going to buy an action camera off there, it’s like a GoPro but it’s only $50 instead of 300-500. They have one that has a wrist band you can activate camera with. I got one for Devon, my son and it’s awesome. They have a kit with it, includes waterproof case. Oh it has 1080 and 4K recording as well. Any questions just ask.
[signature]
Thanks for starting the leader board. I noticed that there are twice as many Team South enrollees than Team North. Just saying.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks Jeff for all you do. I appreciate your willingness to bring joy to all us Cataholics or the agony of (defeat). Had to lookup the spelling of that word. Not really in my vocabulary. Tight Lines.
[signature]
Thanks Ben,
Man I got so busy with work today didn't get time to get the placard up until now... So the bottom file in that post at the top of the contest board has the blank placards available... Sorry I was slow getting my work done... Good luck you guys... Later Jeff
[signature]
Hey Craig the leader board isn't up yet, I'll get it going when we start to get some results, but I am using the same old spreadsheet to keep things straight...

You know why there is less than half as many north as south don't you? It's not that hard to beat you (as long as John is on our team).... zinggggg Just don't leave it up to me to try to lead the charge though....

Should be a fun year and no doubt you guys will do well this year... I think the south is more than twice as motivated as the north so far... Hopefully team north will show up when it's crunch time... But the ice is just ready to clear up here... I think today was the last day I dare get on the Benson ice... My spud bar would go through in four hits so it's not very strong and it crumbles really easy... So maybe in a couple weeks we'll start to think about catfish... Good luck tomorrow and be careful... Later J
[signature]
Let the games being
Good luck Everyone
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Good luck John and team north. Team south has some revenging to do and we’re thirsty for a win this year. Best of luck to everyone involved and most importantly be safe out there!
[signature]