Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standings 2019 Cat Contest
Craig I guess you missed a couple fish from the north. North hit 20 first and had a big lead but I’ve probably missed a few I’ve been off line since Friday. I’ll try to get things updated soon. Later J

[#6000bf]Sorry too many updates to add tonight, so I'll get them tomorrow and we should see lots of bouncing around... Later J[/#6000bf]
[signature]
[#0000ff]From what I could find here is the current updated scores... Lots of things happened so if I have missed your fish please let me know and I'll get them scored on updated on the charts... When they come one at a time I do okay keeping up, but ten at a time I have a big chance to goof... so sorry if I did, let know and I'll fix it...[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#00bf00]But if I am correct, which I think I am... Team North is still on top with Ahi leading the charge... Ben has the biggest fish by a half inch... Josh just put a contender for the little cat on the board... Team north has the top 20 lead, but team south is still 4 fish short of a full 20... I expect when they fill the 20, they should take that lead, but who knows maybe the north will bump a few cats off the list and be competitive with them by then.. [/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]Interesting how the north seems to be entering all their fish and I think the south is only entering fish over 25.. [/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#ff0000]Jim, you need to get with Carolina and get those fish entered, might put the south a head on the 20... Here's the charts for now... Later J[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]
[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][inline catcon4819.PNG][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Jeff, I am Confused. When you figure the average fish size for each person, and they only have 1 fish on the board, shouldn't their average be the size of that 1 fish ?
On TinCansMate you scored her 25", and that is her only fish. But her average is shown as 8.33" (like it was divided by 3)
Yet Mooseman76 has only 1 fish scored for 27.5" and his average shows 27.5".
And Fishguybri also has just 1 fish scored at 20.5" and his average shows 20.5"
And 2 others only have 1 fish scored and their average is that same number.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
You caught me. I missed updating the formula for that cell. I updated it so it will be good in the future posts. Sorry about that. Jeff
[signature]
No problem. Figured I better ask before TCM saw it. She looks at numbers all day at IRS...............wouldn't want her looking at yours [cool]
[signature]

Cool
Oh man I should have run a new update before she sees it. Will get it posted tomorrow. Later Jeff
[signature]
[Wink] [fishin]
[signature]

Cool
[#0000bf]Corrections and updates.... [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]
[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][inline catcon4919.PNG][/#0000bf]
[signature]
You got it Jeff, thanks
[signature]

Cool
[#0000bf]Weekly Score update... Looks like the north is still ahead in all the categories. We have a new number two on the board (Congrats Paul)... Oh and Ahi just pulled within 1/2 point of the 90 mark... Any guesses on how far past it he will go this year? [#00bf00]Hearing rumors of better weather in the tail end of the week, so maybe we'll see some fish for the rest of us this week... Good luck everyone... Later J[/#00bf00][/#0000bf]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00][inline catcon41519.PNG][/#00bf00]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Monday morning update.... Sorry I didn't have my file to update over the weekend... But we had some movement over the weekend... [#00bf00]We have a new biggest fish in the contest at 32" for Mr. Jigfisher... who is also putting a little pressure on Ahi at a half inch behind.... [#ff0000]Ben rolled in another 30" fish to put him very close behind the leaders... [#8000ff]Sharksugar is right in the hunt as well... Little NASCAR jockeying for the lead going on right now... Funnest part of the season to me, when so much can change so fast and fish are starting to bite...[/#8000ff][/#ff0000][/#00bf00][/#0000ff]
[#8000ff]
[/#8000ff]
[#0000ff]North is still in the lead on all factors at this point, but the south is very close and we have a great contest going on this year... Good luck all.... J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon42219.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Okay Jeff, the North leads in everything posted on the board, but there are other calculations where the South leads. First, the South only has 18 fish in the Top 20 category. If you average for each team by their actual number the South leads 27.17 to 26.95. I'll admit that that is a virtual tie, but the South does edge out the North. Second, if you average the North's 23 fish in the Total Length category you get 25.02 while the South still maintains the 27.17 average giving the South more than a two-inch average advantage over the North. This all seems to indicate that the South is a little slow getting untracked this year, but when we do catch our traction, watch out! Some of big dogs haven't even gotten off the porch yet, either. And if we look at the Top Ten score the South is only .85" per fish behind. That doesn't look so much when you think of it that way. As you said, it's very close this year and I wanted both teams to see that we are strongly in it still. [Smile][fishon]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

That just confirms what I have always heard......you can make numbers say almost anything you want....... I think I would rather not get Confused by all the "averaging" and just stick to the hard and fast numbers posted.....[Wink]
[signature]

Cool
Well if you want to try to manipulate the data I'm sure we can find some way to make team south lead one category or another, but truth is the north is doing better so far this year... Only thing the south leads in, is it's not posting any of the smaller fish to the contest... so yes team north has the smallest fish on the board, oh but that is leading another category too, so maybe we shouldn't look at that either...

Won't be long and things will change again and I won't doubt that the south will take the lead again, but the important thing is lets hope everyone is having a fun time on the pond ... This is the exciting part of the contest where leads can change daily and everyone is an important part of the contest... Towards the end of the year then our individual efforts aren't as noticeable but right now, everyone makes a big difference... Got to give you the raspberries while I can, because I know you'll probably be ahead next time... Later J
[signature]
[#00bf00]Well we all knew John wouldn't be very good with someone getting close to his score.... So it didn't take him long to respond... First to cross 90 points... Later J[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00][inline catcon42219a.PNG][/#00bf00]
[signature]
I hope nobody took me too seriously. I just didn't want the South to get too down the mouth (like a carp or a sucker). You certainly have us good right now, especially with Ahi hitting 90.

I don't think many of us have not posted smaller fish. If you check you'll see that many of us have posted smaller fish and replaced them as we caught bigger. Things have just been slow down here and a lot of our team members don't get after them until it warms up more. It seems that the hard-core cat chasers are in a slugfest right now but, as you have pointed out, the bench is going be a big factor. It's all fun, anyway [Smile].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#0000ff]To tell you the truth, the contest hasn't even hardly started yet... So no one should be feeling like it is over by any means... [#8000ff]Most catter's in the contest don't start fishing until May anyway, and that's when the big numbers of fish will start to hit the charts.... [#bf0000]Although some will already have pretty high marks to over come, it is possible for sure, but it won't be easy to beat them... Typically we get three or four scores over ninety points per year... John has topped that mountain, but there are several others close enough to do it as well this year... And some don't start fishing until August and can top 90 in one night... So it's not over till it's over... [#00bf00]Who knows now, but this might be the year of the 36" fish that will turn the tables on the champions... It could happen... right Lynn... I know I'm looking for that one too... Good luck everyone... Later Jeff[/#00bf00][/#bf0000][/#8000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yup Jeff, I'm still after that 36 incher... have been for ten years now. I remain undaunted, someday soon I will converge with that big one but in the meantime I, like all of us, simply enjoy the pursuit. That's what it is all about anyway.

I still say we will see a 35 incher hit the boards this year. The way John is playing around with his 30+ers while he is waiting for the "big ones" to come out later in the year, would lead me to believe that he will be posting that 35+ cat. But, it won't be without a lot of competition. My money is on Ben for the south but lots of good catters down this way, too.

Great fun and always good to see the pics of big cats caught by all.
[signature]
[#00bf00]Hey why do we keep chasing the big ones, they are just ugly beasts.... These 25"ers are by far prettier fish, but I keep doing the same thing, I want the big one with one eye and scars all over the place... I guess that means we beat the smartest fish that day anyway... Still waiting for my day as well... Later Jeff[/#00bf00]
[signature]
Lynn,
Here is what a 36"er looks like so you get the right one.... By-the-way this one came out of Cutler and is the current catch and release record fish....

[inline kingCat1.PNG]
[signature]