Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standings 2019 Cat Contest
[#0000ff]Wow team south really poured on the coals this weekend... Look at the total length category... Ben just broke 90 points with a real hog... Team north only holds the lead in the top ten and top scores, but all the big number categories are being dominated by team south... Team north needs to motivate a few more team members to get out and catch some fish for the scoreboard... If I missed anything let me know.?? Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon5619.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#00bf00]We have a few new fish on the board today, helped team north catch up a little with the south on the top 20 and total overall length... Was nice to see these guys get some fish on the board even if they were poached from the south... Nice job Josh and Forest... [/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00][inline catcon5719.PNG][/#00bf00]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Check this out, Ahi is in second place.... Jigfisher moved into first by a half inch... North has tied for the top 20, but the south is miles ahead in total inches of fish entered... Brookie made a hop into the top ten in one day... it was an eventful entry day... And I didn't even mention the two 29.5" fish entered... FishguyBri nailed one to put the norths top 10 fish score to be over 300 points... Check out the details below... Later Jeff[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon5819.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
The season is still young. Looks like it's gonna be a barn burner this year.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yup. I looked back at last year and we are waaay ahead of where we were then. It took until 7/7/18 for the North to pass 300 points last year. That's 67 days sooner this year. I didn't know anything last year and got a late start and a learning curve working against me. I didn't reach my current score until August 29, 116 days later than this year. It seems that the intensity has just been dialed up several degrees by everyone and we haven't even hit the main body of the season yet. We all have a long time to push the scores far past 300. It's already getting to the point that you have to post close to a 30" fish to be included in the Top 10. Good luck to everyone.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Almost seems over before it really gets started. The veterans are going to have to start placing side bets just to keep them interested.
[signature]
There will be a lot of big fish yet to come this year, however, for some the contest will be close to over... It's really hard to beat 32" fish and bump your score much, but you don't know unless you keep trying... However, everyone needs to keep in mind bottomwatchers one or two night tally a couple years ago where he went from zero to winning the contest in a very short time... Not all can do that, but it has happened even late in the season... For me I find the bigger fish before the spawn, so my season is running out soon, but a lot of that has to do with farming habits too that take up most of my time... I really wish I had time to get out more now, but I'm already feeling the change of the seasons and my time will be much more limited from here on out... I really want to find a couple more better fish, but not sure when I'll get out to try them... Later J
[signature]
Over already?? I'm just getting ready to make a big time drive to the finish. Lots of time and lots of fish to be caught. It ain't over until it's over.[Wink]
[signature]
I'm in it for the long haul, too. My biggest fish came at the end of September last year but I expect to get some really big ones a lot sooner this year. I've only caught seven fish so far and am shooting for 100. Gotta git bizzy.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It is early. you guys got me thinking so went back and looked at last years pictures. Didn't get my first 32 inch until July 28.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Well I'm pretty sure I won't even be in the top 20 this year. But I'm gonna do my best to at least fill my 3 slots with the biggest Cats I can get.
'Course, I'd be fishin for Cats anyway even if there wasn't a contest. The competition just makes it more challenging.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
No it’s a long ways from over, but I usually always find my biggest fish this time of year. Then they move and I haven’t found where they go so it’s really hard for me to get bigger fish later in the year. Plus I don’t get out much after the farming gets going. Too much to do and too little time to get it all done. Wanted to go this weekend but I’ve got a weeks worth of work to get done in two days. Luckily I have tomorrow off, because there’s no way I’d get it done in one day. Especially if I keep breaking stuff like I did tonight. Later J
[signature]
Your right Lynn. Ain’t over till it’s over! It is just getting started. Go South.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Hey all, looks like a busy weekend with lots of entries and lots of bouncing around the charts... Lots of great moves within the ranks with very solid ranking jumps for several... Congrats to all those that caught so many great fish this weekend. [#00bf00]Quick recap of competition rankings, John pulled his Jordon move and tied things up at 92... Team north still in the lead on the top 10 and 20 but overall the south leads total inches of fish caught this year at least those on the chart... We started culling 30" fish today for team north... hard to drop them off the charts, but Ahi didn't need it anymore...[/#00bf00][/#0000ff]
Well won't waste too much of your time, so here's the results... J

[inline catcon51319.PNG]
[#00bf00]
[/#00bf00]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Busy time of year with lots of cats coming in daily now... Nice job everyone that got out and caught some more big fish... [#00bf00]I won't waste too much of your time, I'll just let you check out the changes as folks climb up the charts... Getting to be a lot of nice scores... South broke 1100" of fish on the chart... North still leads all the prize categories.. [#ff0000]I think I like the top 20 deal this year, it kind of blends in the full team scores a little better.. The top ten does the best of both teams but doesn't let as many folks take part... What do you guys think? Later J[/#ff0000][/#00bf00][/#0000ff]
[#ff0000]
[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][inline catcon51419.PNG][/#ff0000]
[signature]
The North team has just 4 people with fish in the Top 10, but 11 in the Top 20.

The South team has 6 people with fish in the Top 10 vs. 13 in the Top 20.

We can't all expect to get 30" fish or score as high as Ben or John, but we can all hope to get a 25-27"er to get into the Top 20 and get some recognition. Makes the scoring more like in basketball than soccer or hockey. So far I like the Top 20.
[signature]

[#0000ff]Got a couple fish added last night, resulted in a couple joggles but not much of a change... Here's the current chart... J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon51519.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Another day another 30"er for team north... Nice job Sharksugar... moving up closer & closer to the 90 point line... Here's today's chart... J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon51619.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Weekend Update... Congrats Forest & your Mrs., also Halfastfisher... nice fish ya'll posted up... Helped push team norths lead on the top 20.... Top 10 stayed steady along with the top two contenders... Was some personal position switching going on... Great job getting some fish on the board on a tougher weekend... Later J[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon52019.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#00bf00]New Leader on top today.... Jig-fisher has just hit 93.... [#0000ff]Results below... [/#0000ff][/#00bf00]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][inline catcon52119.PNG][/#0000ff]
[signature]