Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get paying if you want to hunt and fish here
Thumbs Up 
I know this was discussed early on when this was being introduced and I'm happy that its going to pass. As a step parent of children who's biological fathers have never been financially involved or somewhat involved when its convenient I fully back this bill. It really sucks that it has to come to things like this but if you want to bring them into this world lets take care of them.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46728439/leg...ld-support
I've never been in that position - paying child support.  But I agree 100% that if you choose to HAVE children, then you need to choose to PROVIDE for their well being.  I fully support this legislation.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Im ok with this as long as it can be proven that the child support is really not current. My neighbors kid was acused of being deliquent by a vindictive x and was caused all sorts of problems before it was straightned out. But if it truly is deliquent I totally support this bill.
(03-11-2020, 02:03 PM)dubob Wrote: I've never been in that position - paying child support.  But I agree 100% that if you choose to HAVE children, then you need to choose to PROVIDE for their well being.  I fully support this legislation.

I've also never been in this position and agree their responsibilities should come first. My problem with legislation like this is- where does it end? It's a slippery slope because I'd be fine with adding alcohol, tattoos, cruise tickets, etc. The list could go on and on.
(03-13-2020, 11:42 PM)TheOtherSide Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 02:03 PM)dubob Wrote: I've never been in that position - paying child support.  But I agree 100% that if you choose to HAVE children, then you need to choose to PROVIDE for their well being.  I fully support this legislation.
I've also never been in this position and agree their responsibilities should come first. My problem with legislation like this is- where does it end? It's a slippery slope because I'd be fine with adding alcohol, tattoos, cruise tickets, etc. The list could go on and on.
It begins AND ends in the legislature.  It begins AND ends with the stupidity, or lack thereof, of your legislators.  It begins AND ends with how active citizens get involved with the legislative process.  See the pattern here?   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
the old guy yelling at clouds about politics
on a fishing site

pattern = identified
Cool
(03-14-2020, 02:06 PM)fishskibum Wrote: the old guy yelling at clouds about politics
on a fishing site

pattern = identified
Cool

Bob Hicks, from Utah