Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Fishing
Wink 
I found out from a source in Wyoming who got a call thru to Game and Fish, right now  they are planning on having the boat ramps open and keeping them that way, further my source said you can get on line and also check with the US Forest Service before you travel to the lake and make sure nothing has changed.

This is good news and now I'm planning an isolation 1day trip if this weather will cooperate some. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
We are planning on a trip ourselves. Maybe we well see ya off in the distance if you go on the weekend.
(04-13-2020, 11:04 PM)Bduck Wrote: I found out from a source in Wyoming who got a call thru to Game and Fish, right now  they are planning on having the boat ramps open and keeping them that way, further my source said you can get on line and also check with the US Forest Service before you travel to the lake and make sure nothing has changed.

This is good news and now I'm planning an isolation 1day trip if this weather will cooperate some. 
I went up to Flaming Gorge this Easter weekend.  I emailed Ryan Mosley of DWR before going to make sure I would be able to launch.  He said we were good to go barring any new restrictions.  We launched out of Lucerne Marina with maybe 20 other boats on Friday.  We were targeting kokanee and were told that the pipeline area was good.  Got on the water around 10:30 am and motored up to the pipeline.  Caught one there and it got kinda crowded so we went further north to anvil and gave that a whirl.  No love there so headed back down toward the pipeline.  Changed our tactics a little too.  We were running two lines on the downriggers about 30 and 40 feet and two lines on planer boards around 15 and 20 ft deep.  When we ran back down to the pipeline we raised our lines on the downriggers up to 20 and 25 ft and the planer boards up to 10 and 15 ft.  That made all the difference.  We limited out in no time and even had a couple of doubles and one triple.  Just another note we were long lining the downriggers at least 70 ft back and the planer boards at least 100 ft of to each side.  It was kinda rough fishing because the fish are up so high you didn't ever get any marks on the fishfinder.  A few on the bottom but those fish didn't want to play.  Tried Sheep Creek on Saturday and had a few boats there but not much catching was going on.  Got blown off the lake pretty early too.  Sunday went out again for kicks and giggles.  Only one other truck and trailer in the parking lot.  Snow early in the morning that broke around 10 but was still cold as heck.  Went back to the pipeline area and had a few kokes and a couple of rainbows play but set them all free.  Again up high between 10 and 25 ft.  Also we go up through Evanston to Lucerne.  On the Wyoming Fish and Game website said the watercraft check station was closed for the season.  It was open!!!  Good luck to you if you decide to venture up there.
Thanks for the report!
dagget counties hurting and the economic, mental and physical damage will probaly cause more pain and loss than deaths from the wet market virus
the tax base is oil and gas and tourism
they bad copped the jail into a fiscal fiasco
dj lost its federal dam stipend funding years ago and have been rethinking the anti business ways of the past and trying to figure out how the town will keep its  public services paid
1/2 the outfiters in dj have shut er down or are running limited case by case
most are running minimal keep the lights on
the  fg lodge wants to run full bore using extra cleaning and social distance guidelines and running early season specials
"theyre gonna git us all locked down seemed to be the prevailing thought"
I went up to scope out some cheap land above tfb down in browns park
its cheap because according to current daggett zoning it looks like i can day use, leave no trace, no camping or leaving property
hung out down in browns and floated c's to swallow
of the less than a dozen boats we saw almost all knew my name and i theirs
catching was slow but i didnt go to catch fish despite it being a fishing trip
i went to let the flowing waters of the river that shapes my life flush and invinergrate my soul
[Image: IMG_6613%202_zpsyepjpom6.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6594%202_zpsd4eaaac3.jpg][Image: IMG_6718_zpsgqsjq1on.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6696_zpssuya50d5.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6699%203_zpsrf9jmlud.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6624%202_zps0zd1zqhg.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6720%202_zpsvzhde1tp.jpg]
 attempt to travel safely would be my...

oh and my new neighbors seem to be interesting
[Image: IMG_6713%202_zpsng5x88vm.jpg]
i was gonna knock on the door intoduce myself and as a vet i noticed your flying the flag in distress
Can i help?
but probably not the best move in a global health pandemic Tongue
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
Best stay on the utah side.  The state of Wyoming has a 2 week manditory quarantine!
i drove through that state because i can 1 tank er to manillers
and not git out of my car and potentaily spread or contact a viris you know "game changing" asymptumsmatics stuffs
im not gonna quarintine
im not answering herbs emergency alert questions
im not gonna disifect my tires cause of pavement lickers
you do what you thinks best within the laws your conscience allows and willingness to do the time for your crimes
i served our uncle for that our right
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(04-14-2020, 02:18 PM)fishalot13 Wrote: Best stay on the utah side.  The state of Wyoming has a 2 week manditory quarantine!

The Wyoming Directive specifies that the quarantine does NOT apply if you are just passing through the State.  And to my way of thinking, if I launch at Lucerne and run up past the State Line Buoys and return on the same day then I am just passing through.   Big Grin  

Also, IF you went through a Wyoming Inspection Station on your way to Lucerne, you would be well advised to have the inspection seal and its receipt on board your boat if you head to the Wyoming side.  And don't forget to have your Wyoming AIS Decal attached to your boat or the proof of purchase if you bought it on-line and haven't gotten the decal yet.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
My thoughts are the same dubob. There is a difference in passing thru and camping out(visiting). If the Evanston port of entry wants to inspect my boat I'm not camping out waiting for them to wake up and get a cup of Joe. I make the most of my day when I travel 3hrs one way. I do have my AIS decal and will stop only if any of the inspection stations are open as I'm passing thru.
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-15-2020, 12:58 PM)Bduck Wrote: My thoughts are the same dubob. There is a difference in passing thru and camping out(visiting). If the Evanston port of entry wants to inspect my boat I'm not camping out waiting for them to wake up and get a cup of Joe. I make the most of my day when I travel 3hrs one way. I do have my AIS decal and will stop only if any of the inspection stations are open as I'm passing thru.

Works for me Roger.   Big Grin

One of the things I have been monitoring for the last two weeks is the Lucerne Valley Marina Camera.  The docks are being put back in since last Friday and there are always a couple of boats being launched in the view every time I bring it up.  Fun to watch and dream about going there.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
If that's not satisfactory I can only guess meeting up with a few in COVID jail. ?
Harrisville UT
Some slips were added to the main dock yesterday and there is a new snow blanket showing this morning.  More snow forecast for today.  Temps will be chilly for the next 3 or 4 days.  Next week is looking like some daytime highs in the 60s. 
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(04-16-2020, 02:17 PM)dubob Wrote: Some slips were added to the main dock yesterday and there is a new snow blanket showing this morning.  More snow forecast for today.  Temps will be chilly for the next 3 or 4 days.  Next week is looking like some daytime highs in the 60s. 
This situation is all wrong dubob, weather seems to be working with isolation keeping us in hibernation. Confused  
Harrisville UT
(04-16-2020, 02:39 PM)Bduck Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 02:17 PM)dubob Wrote: Some slips were added to the main dock yesterday and there is a new snow blanket showing this morning.  More snow forecast for today.  Temps will be chilly for the next 3 or 4 days.  Next week is looking like some daytime highs in the 60s. 

This situation is all wrong dubob, weather seems to be working with isolation keeping us in hibernation. Confused  

Yes Sir - doesn't make me want to rush right over there.  I am dead set against boat fishing if I have to wear my insulated ice fishing suit to avoid hypothermia.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm in route to Lucerne Tuesday morning. Time to defect home life for a day and chase kokes  Tongue
Harrisville UT
Good luck Roger
The gas dock/store is now in the water and attached to the main dock at the Lucerne Marina.  I didn't say it is open - just in.  Wink
Bob Hicks, from Utah
The wedge dock has been moved to the west side of the ramp, a courtesy dock has been placed in the water on the east side of the ramp, and the courtesy T-dock is in place just to the west/south of the wedge dock.  
Bob Hicks, from Utah