Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Park Status
I was looking to make some camping reservations at some of the various state parks, and yesterday morning things were open and able to be reserved. As of this morning (Tuesday), everything through reserveamerica has been updated and is now walk in access only for campsites. Even some of the areas that are not state parks, like pineview, are now listed as walk in only, with no reservations available until sept 1. Looks like sites that were reserved prior to the changes are still shown as reserved...everything that was avaialble is now listed as walk in only. 
Should have made my reservations on monday rather than waiting!
(04-28-2020, 11:44 AM)dubob Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:22 AM)Onemadfisherman Wrote: Well, Bob. I refuse to live in fear. The numbers for this virus never added up for me to "care".  But thanks for the self rightious lecture. I'll try and pass it on to my 4 year old. Hope to see you on the lake soon. Have a great virtue signalling day.

Yep - its all about "me" and "I" don't care about the rest of you.  "I" can do whatever "I" want because "my" fuzzy math says the rest of you don't matter.  Now THAT'S an attitude a 4-year old can be real proud of for sure.   Confused

Most of us DO care about this issue even though you don't.  I certainly don't want to take ANY chances with possibly spreading this virus to somebody else because I'm too self centered to even consider that my actions just might cause harm to somebody else.  And if I have a choice, I'll pass on seeing you on the lake.

(04-28-2020, 03:21 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: https://www.ksl.com/article/46746112/sta...strictions

This is what was on KSL.

Here are some quotes from that KSL article that I thought were appropriate to Mr. I-don't-care:

KSL Wrote:But as the world grapples with how to contain the spread of the new coronavirus, Saturday’s massive crowds at state parks became a potential disaster.
KSL Wrote:Eugene Swalberg, public affairs coordinator for Utah State Parks said. “So for the next few weeks, or the foreseeable future, we’re not going to have primitive or dispersed camping on beach areas at Sand Hollow specifically, but also other popular sites like Yuba and Fred Hayes State Park (Starvation Reservoir). We’re going to eliminate it at Sand Hollow and we could curtail it elsewhere.”  He said the new rules were effective immediately.
KSL Wrote:“The big message for us is that the public is welcome to come and visit,” he said. “The second is responsible recreation. . . .  We’re going to have to change some of our behaviors to keep everyone safe.
KSL Wrote:We hope you’re part of the solution if you come,” he said. “We see recreation is essential. We need that as part of our lives, and that’s a good thing. But we also have to change our mindset.
KSL Wrote:State parks in Moab and Summit counties are still closed to visitors who do not live in those counties. Both are under public health orders, which Swalberg said take precedence over the governor’s decision to reopen state parks to all visitors.

An "I don't care" attitude isn't going to cut it.

Says the keyboard coward. I was a Navy Corpsman. I think I picked up some math and science along the way Master Bob. Still hope to see you at the lake. I understand why you wouldn't. Coward behind a computer.
(04-30-2020, 10:20 AM)Onemadfisherman Wrote: Says the keyboard coward. I was a Navy Corpsman. I think I picked up some math and science along the way Master Bob. Still hope to see you at the lake. I understand why you wouldn't. Coward behind a computer.

This conversation has nothing to do with the status of our state parks so I responded with a personal message (PM). I will not respond to you on any subject on an open forum going forward.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Okay everyone let's chill out on the threats and realize we are in uncharted territory with this virus, if we don't take some precautions we're going to be in a mess.  I know the closures are affecting us in one of the best times of year, but this is one time when the needs of the many may have to outweigh the needs of the few... It's  life or death whether we want to accept it or not, it doesn't really matter when were up against biology it's going to do what it does best unless we try to do what we can to stop it's march... Now if the post keeps getting threatening I will lock it down... Jeff 
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I couldn't agree with you more on all points, Jeff. I'll even go one further. We still need to exercise extreme caution as restrictions are eased or lifted going forward. A decision by a politician or entity won't change the biology one whit. The principles are true: wear a mask, isolate, wash often, etc. We are going to continue to see this virus spread if we abandon these practices too soon, and now is too soon.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Here is an update at the State Level.  The "Stay Safe, Stay Home" Directive, issued on April 17, 2020, is rescinded effective April 29, 2020.  Link: Executive Order Moving State COVID-19 Public Health Risk Status From Red to Orange.

You can view the guidelines at this link: Phased Guidelines for the General Public and Businesses to Maximize Public Health and Economic Reactivation.

Effective at 12:01 AM. Friday, May 1, Summit County officials lifted the Stay At Home Order and the new Joint Public Health Order, 2020-05 (the Order), went into effect. This new Order transitions Summit County to the Stabilization Phase of the COVID-19 response and lowers the current risk level in the county to Moderate. The JOINT PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER (Stabilization Phase) can be viewed in its entirety at this link: Stabilization Phase

ALL STATE PARKS are now open except 6 visitor centers at certain locations. Y'all can now fish at any State Park of your choosing. Wink Wink Wink

Life ain't bad, but it could be better.  
Cool
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."