Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle, Deer Creek and Strawberry sort-of open to non-residents of Wasatch County
Wasatch County is sort-of open again to non-residents.

http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...1-2020.pdf
yeehaw!
(04-22-2020, 12:55 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Wasatch County is open again to non-residents.
SO I read through it and do ot see anywhere if says its ok to go there, just to make sure you can get out of there county, not sure if you could point me to the paragraph,  looked on the state park web and it has not been updated.
not saying it is ro not, its just not real clear, Im with you I would like to see it open,

BOB!!!!
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(04-22-2020, 01:57 AM)MSM1970 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 12:55 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Wasatch County is open again to non-residents.

SO I read through it and do ot see anywhere if says its ok to go there, just to make sure you can get out of there county, not sure if you could point me to the paragraph,  looked on the state park web and it has not been updated.
not saying it is ro not, its just not real clear, Im with you I would like to see it open,

BOB!!!!

"5. Essential Activities.  …individuals may perform any of the following Essential Activities and must ensure a distance of six feet from others not in their household…

For outdoor activity.  To engage in outdoor activity,… such as, fishing…"

Perhaps they will keep the state parks closed because of paragraph 14.

"14. Visitors. Visitor are encouraged to not come to Wasatch County."

So I will be the first to admit that it is still debatable about whether or not one who is not a Wasatch County resident should recreate in Wasatch County, but it appears that it is not a strict order that one should not.  I won't be going there until at least May 1st, when, hopefully, it will return to more normal.
Even when the restriction was in place they didn't ask where I was from while talking with the person in the booth. They just did their usual checks by asking where you had been last and your ZIP code and then waving you through.

Went to the Gorge last Saturday with my friend from Evanston and there were people going into Buckboard with Utah plates and nobody bothered them either.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
http://coronavirus.wasatch.utah.gov/Port...ase%29.pdf
The order allows for additional participation in outdoor activities while continuing the practice of social distancing. Local parks, trails and other recreational areas are generally available for use with the exception of playground equipment. Consistent with the Governor’s most recent directive, state parks are open to visitors. However, because traveling increases the risk of spreading COVID-19, visitors are discouraged from coming in and out of Wasatch County. 

Wasatch County Issues NEW Order: Protect the Public from COVID-19
New order takes effect immediately and supersedes the previous Stay at Home order issued on April 1
Read the new order HERE
For questions, please call 435-657-3276 on business days between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
(04-22-2020, 01:57 AM)MSM1970 Wrote:

BOB!!!!  WHAT????   Big Grin

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what you are looking for is in Paragraph #14: Visitors.  And checking the State Parks Update while show the last update was Monday at 5:15 PM.  That may, or may not, change today sometime.  So Deer Creek & Jordanelle are still open to county residents only, but I would say that Strawberry (which for the 900 plus time, is NOT a State Park  Big Grin ) is now open to non-Wasatch County residents - provided, of course, that they follow the prescribed safety guidelines.  So - how'd I do MSM?  
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I would have to concurr, until you read it on the state park web its only speculation, (think your gettin close to a 1k) your alot better at explaining, through type than me, they cant see my hand gestures.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(04-22-2020, 12:55 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Wasatch County is sort-of open again to non-residents.

The order has been amended. The prevous order had the following directive on the first summary page, 7th bullet point: "Recreational Visitors may not come and recreate in Wasatch County including for ourdoor recreation and camping." That language has now been removed from the order. Additionally section 14 previously stated the following: "Visitors to Wasatch County are directed to return home immediatly upon issuance of this order"  That language has also been removed from the new version of the order. However visitors are "discouraged" from coming to the county to recreate and must maintain proper social distancing and must only be with members of their immediate household and several other requirements. I agree that it might technically be legal now to go there even though it is discouraged. Just my $.02
(04-22-2020, 05:04 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I agree that it might technically be legal now to go there even though it is discouraged. Just my $.02

I agree 100%.  If I was inclined to fish the non-State Park Strawberry right now, I'd be heading up their very soon.  From several reports, the 'ice off' conditions are just beginning.

State Parks updated their COVID-19 page at 11:20 AM today.  Deer Creek & Jordanelle are still open to county residents only.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
From Jordanelle State Park Facebook home page:
[Image: 95121035_1699230033567848_26682987997214...e=5EC8FEEB]

Also on their home page:

"Per Wasatch County Health Order and consistent with the Governor's most recent directive, Wasatch County state parks are open to visitors. However, because traveling increases the risk of spreading COVID-19, visitors are discouraged from coming in and out of Wasatch County. As a reminder, social distancing practices are required at all times."
(04-22-2020, 12:55 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Wasatch County is sort-of open again to non-residents.

Here's the latest report: https://stateparks.utah.gov/2020/03/16/c...9-updates/

Restrictions are lifted. Look at the Map & the table below. Pretty clear-cut now I think...

TiteLines.
Still have Echo and Rockpoort shut down!!  Can't have everything !  Will just keep working Utah Lake over and over and over !!
Bob,  I get a kick out of you trying to educate people to the fact that Strawberry and Pineview are not controlled by the State Parks.  They are under Federal control, that is why your State Parks Pass does not work there !!!  Neither does your Federal Pass, but that is another story !!!  Everyone stay safe and enjoy what we can !!
(04-24-2020, 12:26 AM)Therapist Wrote: Bob,  I get a kick out of you trying to educate people to the fact that Strawberry and Pineview are not controlled by the State Parks.

And yet there will be folks come on these boards this summer and complain about their parks pass not working at either one.  It's a never ending job trying to educate the uninformed - and the pay sucks.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I buy a Strawberry Pass every year.   Don't know why they will not take my state park Pass  ( just kidding Bob)........
(04-24-2020, 04:27 AM)liketrolling Wrote: I buy a Strawberry Pass every year.   Don't know why they will not take my state park Pass  ( just kidding Bob)........

Robert.

My solution is to always take somebody with me who has a State Parks Pass that they WILL accept.    Here is a picture of one of those passes.  It works every time.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...6p%3D0&f=1]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Deer Creek is open to anyone. The Wasatch county Health Dept put the restrictions on Deer Creek even after the Govenor lifted the restriction on all State Parks. On Firday I call the health dept and they have lifted restrictions but are not encouraging out of county residents to use Deer Creek. However, I was  told they will not turn anyone away. 
I am from Salt Lake County and fished it yesterday and had a great time. I hooked 12 fish and landed 8 nice fat rainbows. The largest was about 14" and the smallest about 12"