Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Inflatable Life Jackets
Wonderful for automatics. Can you get just the green safety buttons, too?
Doing some further research, I found bobbins AND clips are available for the Halkey-Roberts ALPHA INFLATOR[sup]®[/sup] MANUAL/AUTOMATIC that came in my Cabela's suspender type vests.  Both are made by Leland and both are available from West Marine 0n-line.  I also found the bobbins & clips on Amazon.  Click links below for prices.

NOTE: These are for the Halkey-Roberts Alpha units only.

AMAZON:
Bobbin (3-pack)          Clips (6-pack)

West Marine: Bobbin (3-pack)          Clips (6-pack)
I forgot to mention - my bobbins have Mfg date of 2013.  I should probably change them out.  My CO[sub]2 [/sub]cartridges were made in 2011.  Probably should change them out as well.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks for the reminder and tips. I will be ordering my new parts today.  I also want to buy one that better fits my large chest. Is there any big guys out there with a tip on the Mustang or other brand that works for you.  The one I have fits okay around the waist (actually just below the ribs) at full extension and pretty snug over the cost. .  I have a very big chest and long body. I require a 3X and tall to get a good fit for shirts. I am not seeing any size options at what I have looked at on line. The one I purchase needs to support about 280 pounds. (Asking for a friend) Not many stores except big and tall sections have upper body clothes that fit. Any thoughts would be helpful.
(04-26-2020, 05:20 PM)Stickleback Wrote: Thanks for the reminder and tips. I will be ordering my new parts today.  I also want to buy one that better fits my large chest. Is there any big guys out there with a tip on the Mustang or other brand that works for you.  The one I have fits okay around the waist (actually just below the ribs) at full extension and pretty snug over the cost. .  I have a very big chest and long body. I require a 3X and tall to get a good fit for shirts. I am not seeing any size options at what I have looked at on line. The one I purchase needs to support about 280 pounds. (Asking for a friend) Not many stores except big and tall sections have upper body clothes that fit. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Scroll down the page at this link: https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Automatic-Ma...004&sr=8-6
You will find this statement from an Amazon seller of Onyx brand vests.
Quote: It will hold anybody up, heavier the person the more buoyant they are due to more water weight but what you want to make sure is that it fits you, these life jackets fit people up to a 52" chest, if you need a bigger one please research Onyx A-33 Tournament Deluxe or A-24 In-Sight which fit folks up to a 65" Chest size
[color=#767676 !important]By MAD DOG PRODUCTS SELLER  on July 22, 2019[/color]

Does that help?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks that helps