Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spawning carp
does anyone know where a guy could find some spawning carp that are accessible without a boat up around the Brigham city area?
looking for fresh catfish bait for the year. i would like to cast net them if possible
If you catch them with a cast net there is a good chance they will destroy the net. There are lots of carp, out in the Bear River Bird Refuge, down by the diversion gates, that are near that observatory tower, that they have constructed.
[Image: 20200522-111342.jpg]

Bear river today

file upload image
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(05-22-2020, 11:01 AM)onepointseven Wrote: does anyone know where a guy could find some spawning carp that are accessible without a boat up around the Brigham city area?
looking for fresh catfish bait for the year. i would like to cast net them if possible
It is possible to cast net in several spots along Bear River Bird Refuge Rd. At least 1 other BFT member I know nets much of his carplets. But you will deal with lots of snags in places and on a spawning bed of carp good chance of netting a big female. And they can really trash a net. Good luck wherever you try.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
a well thrown cast nets a thing of skill and beauty
[Image: DSCN0881_zpsbef0533f.jpg]
that being said a hot +2' carp in shallow water trapped in one will probably git ugly
but it sounds like potentially winning ugly fun
2 +2' carp in the net at the same time
would probably = new net time
I took my sponsor of 23 years up to the bear yesterday
[Image: IMG_7270%203_zpswk6esegr.jpg]
waters up and brown
carp are there and schooled but not in full bore stupid spawn mode yet
[Image: IMG_7285%202_zpsqad3nred.jpg]
[Image: 44852_zpsanm9jojx.jpeg]
I usually fish it thurs afternoon or fri if you wanna try cast netting outta the drifty sometime pm me
other than that the carp seem smaller overall in the Jordan and a good bit of high bank cast net access with less snags
but a farther drive
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom