Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown lures
I found these lures in a box of yard sale "fishing stuff." A Google search for the keel-fish lure turned up almost nothing. The fish shaped blade is void of markings and I assume it's a trolling flasher.
My question is, does anybody remember seeing or using a keel-fish? I'm tempted to try it.
[Image: 20200802-102016.jpg]
(08-02-2020, 04:43 PM)thatchergreg Wrote: I found these lures in a box of yard sale "fishing stuff." A Google search for the keel-fish lure turned up almost nothing. The fish shaped blade is void of markings and I assume it's a trolling flasher.
My question is, does anybody remember seeing or using a keel-fish? I'm tempted to try it.
[Image: 20200802-102016.jpg]
The Keel Fish is another brand of Flatfish or Kwikfish type trolling lure. I'm sure it would still work and probably catch fish.  Give it a try.
If it's in the original box and with that info sheet, I think I'd auction it. You never know.

But put it in the water once, and that NIB value is gone.
Very similar to a tadpolly lure from hedden. I have used them in the north west for steel head and kings. Looks like they just added eyes. Very good lure. I have one that caught tons of Steelheads that is black with silver sparkles. We called it the Micheal Jackson lure.
[Image: s-l300.jpg]
(08-03-2020, 09:27 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: If it's in the original box and with that info sheet, I think I'd auction it. You never know.

But put it in the water once, and that NIB value is gone.
These auctioned for about $4 each (13 for $55)
https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/1...01B4AA9B4B
Not sure what you paid, but I vote for fishing with them.
Good research, Joe. I had not bothered. But now I agree with you.
(08-09-2020, 11:47 AM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Good research, Joe. I had not bothered. But now I agree with you.
Yeah, worth doing a little research. There are some very valuable lures from the 1920 and 1930s you'd wouldn't want to use.