Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for help with my fishin buddy 1200
I am not sure as how to read the sidefinder sonar when I am ice fishin. If you have and use one do you get a bounce off the ice?
[signature]
I have used a 2250 and they are a lot alike.
I don't use side finder ever. I also don't use fish ID.
With these 2 options removed, the finder works beter and even shows my jig if I'm fishing in water that's under 25' deep. Adjust the sensitivity up as needed to see your jig and use the mode that shows the bottom 10' of water for best results.
[signature]
I use my fishing buddy mostly for ice fishing. The side finder works good for me when I am looking for suspended schools. I took a 5 gal. plastic bucket and cut the bottom off of it. Then I cut a hole in the center of the bucket bottom (just a big enough diameter to accommodate the fishing buddy transducer). I cut a hole in the ice with my 8" auger I extend the fishing buddy transducer so it is longer than the thickness of the ice. Place the bucket bottom over the hole and put the Fishing Buddy in. The fish finder depth will be off the distance the transducer is between the top of the ice to the bottom of the ice but just compensate that when you let your line down. Now you can turn the fish finder/side finder 360° . I hope this helps.
[signature]
Thanks everyone! I am going to make a holder for it tonight that I can use the mounting braket with and use it in the same hole I am fishing. I hope I can see my jig as well as the 2250's.

I have always used the bucket with the hole in a different hole, never thinking I could actually see my jig.

Thanks guys!
[signature]
Thanks for all the help. I could see my jig and see the fish. It was awsome!!
[signature]
So if you saw your jig, AND you saw FISH, how many did you catch? How about a report? [cool]
[signature]
Sorry, Report was in the Mackay report
[signature]
No, I'm sorry, I found it after I posted [blush]

Thanks! [cool]
[signature]
After getting all the excellent help I dah to make a new holder for the bottmline. Hope the pic is clear enough.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 5]Oouch![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
why ouch?
[signature]
Looks like you did a great job on the fish finder mount!
Kudos to your idea.

C P
[signature]
[black][size 3]Woops! At first it looked like it was stuck in the tire......never mind LOL[/size][/black]
[signature]
sThats OK,
I knew it was big and gaudy[pirate], but I just want to embarrass everyone at BFT[Tongue][cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I was just trying to figure out where the tire came into play[laugh]
Extra floatation![Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]