Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Reservoir report
Myself and three friends headed to Magic on Monday since we had the day off. Couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Presidents day than to catch some fish. Got to the lake at about 930 and decided to try east side first. Drilled 15 holes and used tip ups with only one trout and several light bites. Another group on the ice said the fishing was better at dawn but we missed the bite. Decided to move at about noon to the dam, sure am glad we did. We drilled 15 holes on the east side of the dam and had steady action until 400 when our kitchen passes expired. We kept 15 fish, all trout. Several 16", 2 were 18" and the biggest was 19". The fish were still hitting pretty soft and we lost several at the hole. We were using pink jigheads and crawlers.

The ice is still 12-18" but the edges are open. If you look around you can find a place less than 8 feet from the bank to put a board but many places have 10 to 20 feet of open water.

Can anybody recommend another lake for ice fishing within 2 hours of Mtn. Home? We like Magic but we would like to try something new. Happy fishing!
[signature]
I do not know much about that side of the state but I haved fished Magic in the past. I wish that I could get over there this year but probably won't happen. Thanks for the report I am looking forward to the perch returning to the levels that they were at a few years ago.

Windriver
[signature]
Great report! I pllan on making it over there some day. This is one body of water that I have not fished.

OvidCreek
[signature]